- 1 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 2 Which part of Jamaica is better?
- 3 What is the safest part of Jamaica to visit?
- 4 Which is better Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
- 5 What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
- 6 Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
- 8 Where do celebrities live in Jamaica?
- 9 Is it OK to drink the water in Jamaica?
- 10 What areas are not safe in Jamaica?
- 11 What can you not eat in Jamaica?
- 12 How safe is Jamaica 2020?
- 13 Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
- 14 What is the most beautiful part of Jamaica?
- 15 Is Ocho Rios expensive?
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Which part of Jamaica is better?
Ocho Rios is probably the best part of Jamaica to visit if you are looking for some outdoor adventures beyond the ocean, or if you are looking for reasonable accommodations. Ocho Rios has everything from luxury all-inclusive resorts to budget beach hotels.
What is the safest part of Jamaica to visit?
Safest Places to Visit in Jamaica
- Safe Town for Resort Living. Ocho Rios. Ocho Rios is a comfortable and secure tourist hotspot on Jamaica’s north coast.
- Gateway to Jamaica’s Natural Side. Port Antonio. Stay in Port Antonio’s center and spend your day out on excursions.
- Land of Pristine Beaches. Negril.
Which is better Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
Conclusion: Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.
What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
The best time to go to Jamaica is November until mid-December, when resort and flight deals are great and peak season hasn’t arrived yet. If you don’t mind the crowds, your best bet is to visit Jamaica from mid-December until April, when the weather is optimal for a beach vacation.
Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
Doctor’s Cave Beach Doctor’s Cave beach is Jamaica’s oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.
Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools, and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Where do celebrities live in Jamaica?
Ultra-Luxurious Celebrity Getaways in Jamaica
- Geejam Hotel’s seven double rooms consist of three deluxe cabins, one suite, and a self-contained three-bedroom villa.
- Sandals Royal Plantation.
Is it OK to drink the water in Jamaica?
1. The tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink. Unlike Mexico, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink. Travelers need not spring for bottled water when eating out, worry about brushing teeth with water from the faucet, or avoid raw veggies for fear of getting sick.
What areas are not safe in Jamaica?
The 9 Most Dangerous Places In Jamaica Even Locals Avoid
- Tivoli Gardens, Kingston.
- Grants Pen, Kingston.
- Cassava Piece Road, St Andrew.
- Rose Heights, Montego Bay.
- Norwood, Montego Bay.
- Canterbury, Montego Bay.
- Flankers, Montego Bay.
- Salt Spring, Montego Bay.
What can you not eat in Jamaica?
10 foods eaten regularly in Jamaica that can cause you serious
- #9- Apple/ Cherry.
- #8- Milk/Cheese/Dairy.
- #7- Toast Bread.
- #6- Coffee.
- #5- Cassava.
- #4- Potato.
- #3- Ackee.
- #2- Fish.
How safe is Jamaica 2020?
Jamaica has had an ongoing issue with violent crime, largely perpetrated by gangs which are often armed with weapons. While government travel advisories still indicate that the country is safe to visit, caution must be taken due to the heightened risk in some areas.
Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
Ocho Rios is one of the relatively safer parts of Jamaica. Even so, take extra care to avoid crime when traveling to Ocho Rios. Don’t walk or drive at night, stay off public buses, and avoid secluded areas or traveling alone.
What is the most beautiful part of Jamaica?
Here Are 6 of the Most Beautiful Places in Jamaica
- Rockhouse Hotel. Our sister hotel, Rockhouse, sits perched on the rocky cliffs above the turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
- Jamaica Giants Sculpture Park and Art Gallery.
- Bamboo Avenue.
- YS Falls.
- Don’t Forget to Go Underwater.
- Skylark Negril Beach Resort.
Is Ocho Rios expensive?
A vacation to Ocho Rios for one week usually costs around J$66,368 for one person. So, a trip to Ocho Rios for two people costs around J$132,736 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs J$265,473 in Ocho Rios.