- 1 What is the nicest part of the Bahamas?
- 2 Which island in the Bahamas has the most to do?
- 3 What is the safest island in the Bahamas?
- 4 Which island in the Bahamas has the best beaches?
- 5 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 6 Where is the best area to stay in Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 9 What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
- 10 Has anyone died at Atlantis Bahamas?
- 11 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 13 Where is the clearest water in Bahamas?
- 14 What island in the Bahamas has the clearest water?
- 15 Where is the prettiest beach in Bahamas?
What is the nicest part of the Bahamas?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in the Bahamas
- Atlantis Paradise Island. Atlantis Paradise Island.
- Nassau. Nassau.
- Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park. Swimming pigs at Staniel Cay in the Exumas.
- Harbour Island. Harbour Island.
- Grand Bahama Island.
- Diving and Fishing on Andros Island.
- Treasure Cay Beach, Great Abaco Island.
- Elbow Cay.
Which island in the Bahamas has the most to do?
Because the resorts here pack in amenities for guests of all ages, Paradise Island is easily the most family-friendly spot in the Bahamas. Just keep in mind that this is the most popular destination in the Bahamas and can be busy.
What is the safest island in the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
Which island in the Bahamas has the best beaches?
The best beach in Long Island, the Bahamas. Long Island in the Bahamas is famous for its outstanding beaches.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Where is the best area to stay in Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Pickpocketing, snatch-and-grab, and other petty crimes are also possible. As a result, heightened police presence and check points can be expected. Keep your valuables hidden, take only what you need with you for the day, and don’t leave your belongings unattended, even at the beach.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to The Bahamas High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season).
Has anyone died at Atlantis Bahamas?
THE five-year-old Canadian girl who was involved in an accident at the Atlantis resort water park has died. In August 2000, a 12-year-old boy died after he was sucked into a drain while snorkeling with his brother in the resort’s lagoon.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence (Nassau) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here. Barracudas are large fish, but generally harmless so don’t panic if you see one nearby.
Where is the clearest water in Bahamas?
Exuma, Bahamas The waters that surround Exuma’s 365 islands are so supernaturally blue and clear it feels as if you’re in an infinity pool, whether you’re swimming alongside adorable piglets on Big Major Cay or wading in the calm shallows of Small Hope Bay.
What island in the Bahamas has the clearest water?
Exuma, Bahamas, is home to over 365 islands and an abundance of crystal clear Caribbean water. Visitors can even swim with pigs at the famous Big Major Cay.
Where is the prettiest beach in Bahamas?
9 Best Beaches in Bahamas
- Pink Sands Beach (Harbour Island)
- Cabbage Beach (Paradise Island)
- Treasure Cay Beach (Abacos)
- Cape Santa Maria Beach (Long Island)
- Gold Rock Beach (Grand Bahama Island)
- Tahiti Beach (Abacos)
- Blister Bay (Bimini)
- Pig Beach (Big Major Cay)