- 1 What can you not bring to Jamaica?
- 2 What should I pack for 4 days in Jamaica?
- 3 What should I wear on a trip to Jamaica?
- 4 What items do you have to declare at customs in Jamaica?
- 5 How much cash should I bring to Jamaica all inclusive?
- 6 What should I pack for 7 days in Jamaica?
- 7 Do you need bug spray in Jamaica?
- 8 What can you bring home from Jamaica?
- 9 Do I have to declare prescription medication in Jamaica?
- 10 Can you wear camouflage in Jamaica?
- 11 How much cash should I bring to Jamaica?
- 12 Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
- 13 Can I bring snacks to Jamaica?
- 14 What do you have to declare at customs?
- 15 How many bottles can you bring back from Jamaica?
What can you not bring to Jamaica?
When leaving Jamaica, certain goods have restrictions or are forbidden from being carried out of the country. Forbidden items include illegal drugs, knives and deadly weapons, local currency, counterfeit currency and goods and pornographic or offensive material.
What should I pack for 4 days in Jamaica?
Here’s what to pack for Jamaica:
- 3-5 t-shirts or tank tops.
- 2-3 shorts, capris or skirts.
- 2 long pants or jeans.
- 1 long sleeve shirt.
- 1-2 sundresses.
- 1-2 nightlife outfits.
- 5-7 underwear.
- 5 pair of socks.
What should I wear on a trip to Jamaica?
What to Wear in Jamaica
- Go for comfort over style.
- Casual clothes in lightweight natural fabrics (cotton, silk and linen) will work best – it is warm and sunny but not unbearably hot all year round.
- However the nights tend to be a little cooler so a sweater or wrap is worth popping in your case.
What items do you have to declare at customs in Jamaica?
They should respond truthfully to all questions and accurately declare what is in their possession. This includes a requirement to report any food, plant, animal products, monetary instruments (cash, cheques, money orders) USD$10,000, its equivalent or more.
How much cash should I bring to Jamaica all inclusive?
Do not bring more than the recommended amount as any amounts over US$10,000 will have to be declared with the TSA (airport security control personnel). Overall, once you have booked an all-inclusive accommodation, there really is no need to travel with excessive amounts of cash.
What should I pack for 7 days in Jamaica?
Here’s what you’ll need for a 7-day trip to Jamaica
- 2 swimsuits / bikini’s.
- 4-5 tops / t-shirts.
- 1-2 pairs of shorts.
- 1-2 pants or capris.
- 1 pair of sandals.
- Underwear (enough for the duration of your trip)
- 2 sets of PJs.
- 1 summer dress.
Do you need bug spray in Jamaica?
Most resorts, villas and upscale hotels provide some complimentary toiletries, such as shampoo and conditioner, but you’ll need to bring your own toothpaste and toothbrush. Pack sunblock, bug spray and anti-itch cream to protect against the sun and Jamaica’s vicious sand fleas and mosquitoes.
What can you bring home from Jamaica?
The Best Things To Bring Home From Jamaica By Contributor Christopher Reckord
- Art. Wood carvings, oil paintings and more can be found throughout the island.
- Music. Thanks to Bob Marley, Jamaica is known worldwide for its music.
- Beef patties.
- Cooking essentials.
Do I have to declare prescription medication in Jamaica?
Travellers to Jamaica may bring regular prescriptions to Jamaica for use during their stay in Jamaica provided that: The person brings a copy of all prescriptions clearly stating name, the quantity, strength and dosage and that all the prescription drugs are in the original containers and clearly labelled.
Can you wear camouflage in Jamaica?
The Parliament in Jamaica has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing except for uniforms worn by the police. They don’t want civilians mistake for police officers. So if you are going to the Caribbean, you are wise to leave the camo at home.
How much cash should I bring to Jamaica?
There are no restrictions on the import or export of local or foreign currency. However, amounts exceeding US$10,000 or equivalent must be declared.
Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to Jamaica, as well as proof of anticipated departure from Jamaica. You do not need a visa for tourist travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Can I bring snacks to Jamaica?
You cannot bring fresh foods, juice, meat, fruit etc into a foreign country. Yes it is on the immigration form and might even be on the customs forms as well (or visa versa).
What do you have to declare at customs?
You must declare all items you purchased and are carrying with you upon return to the United States, including gifts for other people as well as items you bought for yourself. This includes duty-free items purchased in foreign countries, as well as any merchandise you intend to sell or use in your business.
How many bottles can you bring back from Jamaica?
The CBP says you can bring back two liters of alcohol duty free from islands that compose the Caribbean Basin Initiative, which include St. Lucia, the Bahamas and Aruba, as long as one bottle was locally produced.