- 1 Where was the Griswold house in Christmas Vacation?
- 2 Is the snow real in Christmas Vacation?
- 3 Why does Ellen Griswold call Clark Sparky?
- 4 How much did Chevy Chase get paid for Christmas Vacation?
- 5 How much did Johnny Galecki make for Christmas Vacation?
- 6 What does Chevy Chase think of Christmas Vacation?
- 7 What does the W in Clark W Griswold stand for?
- 8 What is Clark Griswolds wifes name?
- 9 Is there really a Wally World?
- 10 How much did a pool cost in 1989?
- 11 Who is Cousin Eddie’s wife?
- 12 How much did Clark Griswold get for his Christmas bonus?
Where was the Griswold house in Christmas Vacation?
Principal photography began on March 27, 1989 in Summit County, Colorado, with footage shot in Silverthorne, Breckenridge, and Frisco. From there the production moved to Warner Bros. Ranch Facilities in Burbank, California, where the set of the Griswold family’s house and street is located.
Is the snow real in Christmas Vacation?
Broken finger to fake snow, Chevy Chase dishes on ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation’ Spoiler alert — all that snow isn’t real. That was snow, and we did get Randy (Quaid) and me on a hill that was in Colorado and I did have to go down this damn trail they built for me. It was scary, but it was fun,” he recalls.
Why does Ellen Griswold call Clark Sparky?
Ellen calls Clark “Sparky” in all four Vacation movies. In the DVD commentary for this movie, Chevy Chase said that the nickname was Beverly D’Angelo’s idea, and she still affectionately calls him Sparky. Harold Ramis declined to return as director, as he was busy with Ghostbusters (1984).
How much did Chevy Chase get paid for Christmas Vacation?
Chevy earned $6 million for 1989’s “Christmas Vacation”. That’s the same as $12.5 million in today’s dollars. He earned another $6 million for 1992’s “Memoirs of an Invisible Man”. He earned $4 million for “Cops and Robbersons”, $2 million for “Man of the House” and $4 million for “Vegas Vacation”.
How much did Johnny Galecki make for Christmas Vacation?
Johnny Galecki is now 1 of the highest-paid TV actors He, along with some of his co-stars, earned $900,000 per episode.
What does Chevy Chase think of Christmas Vacation?
‘” RELATED: What Is the Best Christmas Movie of All Time? Chase continued, saying he appreciates the comparison but says there’s no competing with It’s a Wonderful Life. “It’s very flattering and I suppose Christmas Vacation is a modern look at Christmas.
What does the W in Clark W Griswold stand for?
The “W” in Clark W. Griswold stands for Wilhelm.
What is Clark Griswolds wifes name?
Beverly D’Angelo ( Ellen Griswold )
Is there really a Wally World?
Unfortunately, Wally World is not a real place. It is a popular slang term for Walmart inspired by Walley World which is a fictional amusement park from the film National Lampoon’s Vacation. It is visited by the Griswold family as they take a disastrous family road trip from Chicago to California.
How much did a pool cost in 1989?
In 1989, the average pool and spa combination costs $16,000 to $24,000. “In the late 1950s you could buy a pool for $3,000,” said a salesman.
Who is Cousin Eddie’s wife?
19. Cousin Eddie’s long-suffering wife, Catherine, is played by actress Miriam Flynn in Christmas Vacation and in the first film in the series. Flynn is still working today, appearing in TV series like Bones and Suburgatory. She also has done numerous voiceover roles in films like Babe and The Emperor’s New Groove.
How much did Clark Griswold get for his Christmas bonus?
To receive a bonus of $11,166.85, Clark would have been making an estimated $587,728.95. That would adjust to a whopping $1,153, 631.45 in 2016. For reference, a yearly household income of $450,000 today puts you in the top 1%. Image Credit: Warner Bros.