- 1 Is it expensive to visit Chile?
- 2 Is Chile a cheap country to visit?
- 3 Is it safe to visit Chile 2020?
- 4 Can you use US dollars in Chile?
- 5 Is food expensive in Chile?
- 6 Where is US money worth the most?
- 7 Is Argentina or Chile better to visit?
- 8 Is Chile cheaper than Argentina?
- 9 How much money do you need per day in Chile?
- 10 What language do they speak in Chile?
- 11 What should I wear in Chile?
Is it expensive to visit Chile?
Costs of your travel to Chile Chile is the most developed country in South America, and it is also one of the most expensive. The prices are similar to what you can find in Europe, and in many cases the price we found was significantly higher than what we pay for the same thing in Spain.
Is Chile a cheap country to visit?
However, Chile isn’t exactly the cheapest place to visit in South America, especially when compared to the northern neighbors of Peru and Bolivia. While you can easily get by on less than $40-50 a day in most other South American countries, backpacking in Chile can cost almost as much as in Europe or North America.
Is it safe to visit Chile 2020?
Chile is amongst the safest countries on Earth Thanks to its low crime rates and nice behavior towards travelers, the “thin country” can be considered a very safe destination (especially if you visit its spectacular national parks).
Can you use US dollars in Chile?
The official currency of Chile is the Chilean Peso. In contrast to Argentina, US dollars are rarely used day-to-day when paying for things, but are easy to exchange.
Is food expensive in Chile?
While meal prices in Chile can vary, the average cost of food in Chile is CL$17,839 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Chile should cost around CL$7,136 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Where is US money worth the most?
11 countries where the dollar is strong
- Argentina. Places where the dollar goes far are also the most beautiful!
- Egypt. Rent and food costs in Egypt are so low you may not believe it at first.
- Mexico. We hear this one all the time.
- Costa Rica.
- Puerto Rico.
Is Argentina or Chile better to visit?
Argentina is home to some of the best steak in the world, whilst Chile is more of a seafood nation. Although Argentina might be a popular foodie destination, Chile does cocktails better than its neighbour. This slim South American country does a great take on a pisco sour.
Is Chile cheaper than Argentina?
While Argentina is a little bit cheaper than Chile, Argentine Patagonia is far larger than Chilean Patagonia, meaning that you will have to put the price into travelling from one spot to another. Therefore the difference in budget might not be significant enough to determine which country is best suited for you.
How much money do you need per day in Chile?
At any rate, US$44 per person per day is a more accurate estimate of costs of traveling in Chile and includes meals, accommodation, transportation and activities.
What language do they speak in Chile?
Spanish. Of the 19 million Chileans, 99% speak Spanish as their mother tongue. With Chilean Spanish being the main variety used is the country. It includes unique slang and coloquial language, which is sometimes difficult for speakers of the Castilian variant of Spanish to understand.
What should I wear in Chile?
Make sure you include these items in your summer Chile packing list:
- Casual denim or khaki shorts.
- Fashionable shorts and skirts.
- Activewear bottoms, like jogging shorts or leggings.
- Basic t-shirts and tank tops.
- Baseball hat or other for sun protection.
- Simple summer dresses.
- Pair of jeans.
- Light layering jacket, like denim.