- 1 Will Hilton take back my timeshare?
- 2 Does Hilton Grand Vacations have an exit program?
- 3 How do I get rid of Vacation Club?
- 4 Can you change your mind after buying a timeshare?
- 5 How do you write a letter to cancel a timeshare?
- 6 How do I value my timeshare?
- 7 How do I sell my HGVC property?
- 8 What happens if I stop paying my timeshare?
- 9 Can I cancel my unlimited vacation club membership?
- 10 How can I legally get out of my timeshare?
- 11 Can you get out of a timeshare without a lawyer?
- 12 How much do lawyers charge to get out of a timeshare?
- 13 Can you cancel a timeshare after signing?
The resort that your timeshare is associated with has the right of first refusal (ROFR), which means they can step in as the buyer. If this happens, the Hilton will become the buyer of your timeshare and accept the terms of the contract.
Does Hilton Grand Vacations have an exit program?
The Hilton Grand Vacations Club does offer an exit program of its own. But like any developer exit program, it has specific criteria that owners must meet first to qualify. So in other words, even a paid-off timeshare is not quickly sold. And not many retain a substantial resale value.
How do I get rid of Vacation Club?
How do I get rid of my timeshare?
- Sell it or give it back. A site like ARDA’s Responsibleexit.com can connect you with timeshare developers who have free or low-cost exit options or professional licensed real estate brokers that specialize in timeshares.
- Negotiate your way out.
- Hire an attorney.
So, if you wish to cancel your resort timeshare purchase, you generally have a period of 5-15 days after purchase wherein you may legally rescind the contract. After the rescission period has expired, you can no longer cancel your purchase without penalty.
Write Your Timeshare Cancellation Letter
- Your name and contact information.
- The name of your timeshare company.
- The contract number.
- The names on the timeshare contract.
- The date of purchase.
- A statement of cancellation.
- The amount you paid, including a request that this amount be returned to you.
Your timeshare’s value is determined by the average asking price of similar timeshares being advertised for sale and rent on BuyaTimeshare.com at your particular resort. Values can vary by resort location, resort brand, season, unit size and more. Your ownership documents will have all of the information you need.
How do I sell my HGVC property?
As a Hilton Grand Vacations authorized seller, we work to connect buyers to sellers every day. Contact us at 877-884-9577 to purchase ClubPoints or speak with a broker to sell your HGVC timeshare.
If you stop paying on your timeshare loan, you face foreclosure. Foreclosure is the process whereby the lender files to take possession of the property and sell it at auction to recover the money you owe. Your contract authorizes the trustee to sell the timeshare in the event you stop paying on it.
Can I cancel my unlimited vacation club membership?
You can cancel for any reason or no reason at all during the rescission period. After that time you would basically have to prove fraud or convince the resort or vacation club that it is in their best interest to refund your money.
Getting out of a timeshare The main way to get out of a timeshare is to sell it. To do this you’ll have to make sure all fees are paid. However, timeshares can be very hard to sell. Most people make a loss when they sell them.
You’ll have to cut each separate contract to escape. That’s a lot to do on your own, so you may need an attorney to help you work your way out of all those contracts. Find one who specializes in contract law and has successfully gotten people out of their timeshares.
On average, the cost of professional cancellation services is around $4,000. This typically gets you a team that will work with your timeshare company on a settlement or manages the resale process for you.
Most rescission periods only cover the first 3 to 15 days after you’ve signed the timeshare agreement. You’ll need to write a rescission letter as soon as possible. If you are on vacation, you can still use your rescission period to cancel your timeshare. Don’t wait until you get home to take care of it!