- 1 Will Hilton take back my timeshare?
- 2 How can I get out of my Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare?
- 3 What paperwork do I need to sell my timeshare?
- 4 Can I sell my timeshare for cash?
- 5 Can you change your mind after buying a timeshare?
- 6 How do you write a letter to cancel a timeshare?
- 7 Does Hilton Grand Vacations have an exit program?
- 8 How do I value my timeshare?
- 9 How many Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs are there?
- 10 How much does it cost to transfer ownership of a timeshare?
- 11 How much does it cost to get out of a timeshare?
- 12 How do you get rid of a timeshare that is paid off?
- 13 Are timeshares worth anything?
- 14 Is it hard to sell a timeshare?
- 15 Are there any legitimate timeshare resale companies?
The resort that your timeshare is associated with has the right of first refusal (ROFR), which means they can step in as the buyer. If this happens, the Hilton will become the buyer of your timeshare and accept the terms of the contract.
To cancel Hilton timeshare contract, you need to call the HGVC reservations phone number. The Hilton Club Counsellors usually assist people with their booking and trading concerns, but they can also help you for cancelling your reservation. If you want to cancel your reservations online, this option is also available.
The sale isn’t official until those documents are exchanged.
- Social Security Proof. For sale of a timeshare, both parties must reveal a Social Security number.
- Earnest Money Contract. This contract details the exact information pertaining to the transfer of the timeshare.
- Title Insurance.
- Deed of Sale.
If you are asking whether you can sell a timeshare for cash, the answer in many cases is yes but the amount will vary depending on some of the items already mentioned. If you are asking whether you can sell your timeshare for a profit above the original sale price, the answer is no in the overwhelming number of cases.
So, if you wish to cancel your resort timeshare purchase, you generally have a period of 5-15 days after purchase wherein you may legally rescind the contract. After the rescission period has expired, you can no longer cancel your purchase without penalty.
Write Your Timeshare Cancellation Letter
- Your name and contact information.
- The name of your timeshare company.
- The contract number.
- The names on the timeshare contract.
- The date of purchase.
- A statement of cancellation.
- The amount you paid, including a request that this amount be returned to you.
Does Hilton Grand Vacations have an exit program?
The Hilton Grand Vacations Club does offer an exit program of its own. But like any developer exit program, it has specific criteria that owners must meet first to qualify. So in other words, even a paid-off timeshare is not quickly sold. And not many retain a substantial resale value.
Your timeshare’s value is determined by the average asking price of similar timeshares being advertised for sale and rent on BuyaTimeshare.com at your particular resort. Values can vary by resort location, resort brand, season, unit size and more. Your ownership documents will have all of the information you need.
How many Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs are there?
There are around 56 Hilton Grand Vacations properties in the world.
Timeshare closing costs typically range from $300 to $500 for a comprehensive transfer of timeshare ownership and associated closing activity. These fees cover the services of the closing company but do not include additional recording fees or taxes.
Costs to Get Out of a Timeshare On average, it costs about $5,000 to $6,000 and takes 12–18 months to get out of your timeshare contract using a timeshare exit company. But the cost and the timeframe can vary depending on a number of factors including, how many contracts are attached to your timeshare.
Looking to Get Out of a Timeshare? Here’s How to Do It Legally
- Call the developer.
- Rent it out.
- Sell it on the resale market (expect to take a hit).
- Gift it to a friend, family member or stranger.
- Stop your payments (but expect consequences).
- Avoid scams.
No, the timeshare has no value, because you don’t own anything in the normal sense of the word. It’s not like your regular home, which likely has some equity built up. In fact, a timeshare goes down in value from the moment you sign the contract. There are much better ways to invest your hard-earned money.
IT IS NOT SIMPLE, OR EASY TO SELL A TIMESHARE REGARDLESS OF WHAT SOME PEOPLE WILL TELL YOU (usually right before they ask for your credit card information) but it can be done if you take the time to research the resale market and know ahead of time how to spot and avoid the scams!
Are There Any Legitimate Timeshare Resale Companies? YES. There are several legitimate timeshare resale companies. When you’re looking into selling your timeshare on the resale market, do your research.