- 1 What is the nicest part of Jamaica to visit?
- 2 Which city in Jamaica is best to stay?
- 3 Which is better Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
- 4 Is Montego Bay or Kingston better?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
- 6 Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
- 7 Where should you not stay in Jamaica?
- 8 Where do the rich live in Jamaica?
- 9 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 10 Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
- 11 Is it safe to go to Jamaica in 2020?
- 12 What is the most beautiful part of Jamaica?
- 13 Can I drive in Jamaica with a US license?
- 14 Which airport is better in Jamaica?
- 15 How far is Montego Bay from airport?
What is the nicest part of Jamaica to visit?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.
Which city in Jamaica is best to stay?
Montego Bay is often considered the best place to stay in Jamaica. It is the second largest city in Jamaica, and the airport has several direct flights from the United States. Montego Bay is also one of the main cruise ship ports in Jamaica.
Which is better Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
Conclusion: Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.
Is Montego Bay or Kingston better?
In short, Montego Bay is generally better for tourists looking for a laid-back, care-free vacation. Kingston is not really a tourist town, offering fewer attractions and fewer quality beaches. It is mainly a business city, a center for industry, banking and shipping.
Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools, and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
Both Jamaica and the Bahamas offer a good variety of water sports activities, beaches, and nightlife, but if you’re more into cultural activities, Jamaica is the solid winner. Bahamas feels more like a resort island that’s a paradise built for tourists.
Where should you not stay in Jamaica?
Be vigilant in these areas – In Kingston: West Kingston Grant’s Pen, August Town, Harbour View, Spanish Town. In Montego Bay: Flankers, Barrett Town, Norwood, Glendevon, Rose Heights, Mount Salem. These are definitely places to avoid in Jamaica. Watch your back at ATMs – Robberies can happen. 5
Where do the rich live in Jamaica?
The neighborhood of Spring Farm is an ultra-exclusive very high-end area in the hills above and very close to the Half Moon Resort, a spectacular luxury complex nestled on a 2-mile beach outside of Montego Bay. Homes in this area range between $ 1 million and $ 2.5 million.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
Ocho Rios is one of the relatively safer parts of Jamaica. Even so, take extra care to avoid crime when traveling to Ocho Rios. Don’t walk or drive at night, stay off public buses, and avoid secluded areas or traveling alone.
Is it safe to go to Jamaica in 2020?
Do not travel to Jamaica due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.
What is the most beautiful part of Jamaica?
Here Are 6 of the Most Beautiful Places in Jamaica
- Rockhouse Hotel. Our sister hotel, Rockhouse, sits perched on the rocky cliffs above the turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
- Jamaica Giants Sculpture Park and Art Gallery.
- Bamboo Avenue.
- YS Falls.
- Don’t Forget to Go Underwater.
- Skylark Negril Beach Resort.
Can I drive in Jamaica with a US license?
U.S. residents do not need to get an International Driving Permit to drive in Jamaica. All you need is a valid state-issued driver’s license to rent a car for up to three months.
Which airport is better in Jamaica?
The answer – Montego Bay’s Donald Sangster International Airport, airport code MBJ. Many people staying on the South Coast also use Montego Bay’s airport. Even most people going to Port Antonio fly into Montego Bay.
How far is Montego Bay from airport?
The resort is a little under a 90 min. drive from the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. If you are coming in through Norman Manley International in Kingston, the ride is roughly 3.5 hours. Hope this helps!