- 1 What should I avoid in Mexico?
- 2 Do and don’ts for Mexico?
- 3 What foreigners should not do in Mexico?
- 4 Where should you not go in Mexico?
- 5 What is considered rude in Mexico?
- 6 Is it safe to have ice in Mexico?
- 7 How do you dress in Mexico?
- 8 Can I drink water in Mexico?
- 9 How can I carry money to Mexico?
- 10 Can you flush toilet paper in Mexico?
- 11 Is it safe to eat salad in Mexico?
- 12 Do cartels own resorts in Mexico?
- 13 Which part of Mexico is the safest?
- 14 Which Mexican state is the safest?
What should I avoid in Mexico?
To avoid such blunders, take a look at our list of the things travelers should avoid doing on a vacation to Mexico.
- Don’t drink the water.
- Don’t drink on the street.
- Don’t reach for the hot sauce.
- Don’t be impatient.
- Don’t forget to tip.
- Don’t criticize Mexican food.
- Don’t miss out on the markets.
- Don’t flash your valuables.
Do and don’ts for Mexico?
Mexico Travel Dos and Don’ts
- 01 of 10. Do Research Your Destination, But Don’t Over-Plan.
- 02 of 10. Do Learn a Few Phrases in Spanish Before You Go.
- 03 of 10. Don’t Overpack.
- 04 of 10. Do Practice General Safety Precautions.
- 05 of 10. Don’t Drink Water From the Tap.
- 06 of 10. Do Use Sunscreen.
- 07 of 10. Do Beware of Scams.
- 08 of 10.
What foreigners should not do in Mexico?
14 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Mexico City
- Don’t wear sandals or flip flops.
- Don’t flaunt your valuables.
- Don’t use the metro at the hora pico.
- Don’t drink in the street.
- Don’t carry your visa and passport with you.
- Don’t be surprised if you get catcalled.
- Don’t eat street food without washing your hands first.
Where should you not go in Mexico?
Reconsider Travel To:
- Baja California state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Chihuahua state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Coahuila state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Durango state due to crime.
- Guanajuato state due to crime.
- Jalisco state due to crime and kidnapping.
- Mexico state due to crime and kidnapping.
What is considered rude in Mexico?
Don ‘t show signs of discomfort, which would be considered rude by your Mexican counterpart. Mexicans often “hold” a gesture (a handshake, a squeeze of the arm, a hug) longer than Americans and Canadians do. It is considered rude to stand around with your hands in your pockets.
Is it safe to have ice in Mexico?
If you are coming on vacation you may worry about getting sick from ice in your drink or drinking water in Mexico. So anything sold, with ice or made from water is going to be from purified drinking water. So at ANY restaurant you are going to be served drinkable water with ice made from purified water.
How do you dress in Mexico?
Lightweight pants and long skirts are good options, as are blouses and tops that cover your cleavage. Sleeveless tops are acceptable, tank tops less so. For coastal cities and towns, casual clothes and shorts and tank tops are generally acceptable on the street.
Can I drink water in Mexico?
As a rule you should not drink tap water in Mexico. Generally, the water is purified at the source, but the distribution system may allow the water to be contaminated en route to the tap. Bottled water is readily available wherever you travel in Mexico and is generally very affordable.
How can I carry money to Mexico?
With that in mind, here are 10 tips for carrying money safely and elegantly when you travel.
- Divide money in different places.
- Favor on-body storage.
- Keep small bills handy.
- Carry an anti-theft bag.
- Trim your wallet.
- Use a dummy wallet.
- Buy a travel wallet.
- Adapt to the local money culture.
Can you flush toilet paper in Mexico?
You don’t flush toilet paper. Doesn’t matter where you go in Mexico, their sewage systems cannot accommodate paper. So the answer is.. No, you cannot flush paper down any toilets in Mexico.
Is it safe to eat salad in Mexico?
Re: Is it safe to eat salad and fruits without skin? You will be in a resort, so you are totally safe. Just like a person already wrote, it’s a common practice that restaurants and hotels use “good” water to wash anything that goes into people’s mouth. This is same as ice in the cold drinks.
Do cartels own resorts in Mexico?
Right Robertthe cartels own many of the large resorts.
Which part of Mexico is the safest?
Safest Cities In Mexico
- Tulum, Quintana Roo. Tulum is a well-known beach city in Mexico.
- Mexico City. Despite having a reputation of a dangerous city, Mexico City is quite safe, especially in its downtown core.
- San Miguel de Allende.
Which Mexican state is the safest?
Statistically speaking, Merida is the safest city in Mexico (safest in Latin America) and the state of Yucatan is also the overall safest state to live in Mexico.