- 1 What should I pack for a trip to Cuba?
- 2 What can you not bring to Cuba?
- 3 How many bags can I bring to Cuba?
- 4 What should I wear in Cuba?
- 5 How much money should I bring to Cuba?
- 6 Can I bring snacks to Cuba?
- 7 Do and don’ts in Cuba?
- 8 What gifts to take to Cuba for locals?
- 9 Can I bring my cell phone to Cuba?
- 10 What is not allowed in a carry-on bag?
- 11 Is a backpack considered a carry-on?
- 12 Are Americans allowed in Cuba?
- 13 What can I bring home from Cuba?
- 14 Does Cuba have a dress code?
- 15 Can you buy clothes in Cuba?
What should I pack for a trip to Cuba?
Cuba Packing List: What to pack for Cuba?
- Travel Documents for Cuba. Passport. Cuban Tourist Visa.
- Travel Medical or Health Insurance.
- Cash or Credit cards.
- Comfortable walking shoes for Old Havana Lanes.
- Clean bed sheet or sleeping bag liners.
- Kindle Paperwhite.
- Rain jacket or cardigan (all seasons)
- Cosmetic Packing Lists.
What can you not bring to Cuba?
Here is a list of items to avoid bring to Cuba so prevent them getting confiscated or detained. More than one of anything
- 2 cameras.
- 3 flashlights.
- 2 tents.
- 2 thermoses.
- 2 external hard drives.
- 2 cell phones.
- 1 Jacuzzi (no, really)
How many bags can I bring to Cuba?
Due to COVID-19, the government of Cuba has placed a 2-bag restriction on international commercial flights until further notice. Only 2 checked bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs / 32 kg each plus 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item are allowed per passenger traveling to / from Cuba with no exceptions.
What should I wear in Cuba?
What to Wear in Cuba
- Tank tops/t-shirts.
- Denim jacket / long layers.
- Bathing suit.
- Beach cover-up.
How much money should I bring to Cuba?
We do recommend bringing a minimum of $150 per day. If you think you might want to purchase artwork, music, cigars, rum, enjoy evening entertainment, or buy gifts for friends and relatives, you may want to plan on bringing more than $150 per day.
Can I bring snacks to Cuba?
Under Cuban law, travellers arriving in the country can bring up to 10kg (22 pounds) of medicine tax-free. They can also bring in limited amounts of food and personal hygiene goods but must pay customs duties.
Do and don’ts in Cuba?
TEN DOS AND DON’TS FOR YOUR TRIP TO CUBA
- Do dress down. Wondering what to bring to Cuba?
- Do engage with the local population.
- Do bring enough cash.
- Don’t patronize luxury hotels.
- Do patronize paladares.
- Do bring back Cuban goods.
- Don’t take pictures of the military or police.
- Do immerse yourself in the amazing culture.
What gifts to take to Cuba for locals?
Things to Bring to Cuba to Give Away as Gifts
- Kids tooth brushes (fun stuff like Superman or Dora)
- Tooth paste, mouthwash, floss.
- Deodorant, antiperspirants.
- Hair scrunchies — a lot of them.
- Feminine hygiene products.
- Vitamins — both adult and for kids.
- Reading glasses, sunglasses.
Can I bring my cell phone to Cuba?
Your U.S. mobile phone will work in Cuba if your mobile phone is capable of roaming in Cuba and your mobile service provider has an international roaming agreement with ETECSA, Cuba’s state-owned telecommunications provider. AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile currently have roaming agreements with ETECSA.
What is not allowed in a carry-on bag?
Liquid or gel food items larger than 3.4 oz are not allowed in carry-on bags and should be placed in your checked bags if possible. TSA officers may instruct travelers to separate items from carry-on bags such as foods, powders, and any materials that can clutter bags and obstruct clear images on the X-ray machine.
Is a backpack considered a carry-on?
According to Delta, “If the backpack can get under the seat in front of you, then it will be considered a personal item.” Carry-on bags can be up to 22 x 14 x 9 inches, so if your backpack is bigger than that, it’s probably not going in the overhead bin, either. In that case, you can still bring a carry-on.
Are Americans allowed in Cuba?
The Cuban government allows Americans to visit their country. The restrictions on reasons for travel and where you can spend money are all American rules. So, regardless of American regulations, your US passport is valid in Cuba.
What can I bring home from Cuba?
What You Can (and Can’t) Bring Back from Cuba
- Spending Limits. In American dollars, you may bring back $800 worth of souvenirs to the US from Cuba duty-free.
- Cigars and Rum.
- Cigar Humidor.
- Handcrafted Dominoes.
Does Cuba have a dress code?
Generally speaking there is a dress code for the a la carte restaurants at most hotels in Cuba. For men smart casual is fine, therefore you should wear long trousers, collared shirts and shoes. Shorts, even dress shorts, combat trousers, T shirts and flip flops are not acceptable.
Can you buy clothes in Cuba?
Since goods were rationed and most textile and clothing factories were shut down, the state began importing cheap clothing from abroad for its citizens to wear. There are dozens of state-owned clothing stores in Cuba, between the rag stores and stores that sell new clothing.