- 1 What should I pack for an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana?
- 2 Do you need water shoes in Punta Cana?
- 3 What can you not bring into Dominican Republic?
- 4 How do I prepare for vacation to Dominican Republic?
- 5 How much money should I bring to Punta Cana for a week?
- 6 Do I need to bring a beach towel to an all inclusive resort?
- 7 What can you not bring to Punta Cana?
- 8 How much cash should you take to an all-inclusive resort?
- 9 What should I wear to Punta Cana Resort?
- 10 Is mamajuana illegal in the US?
- 11 Do you have to declare alcohol in checked baggage?
- 12 What can I bring home from Dominican Republic?
- 13 What should I know before traveling to Punta Cana?
- 14 What kind of clothes do they wear in Dominican Republic?
- 15 Can you drink the water in Punta Cana?
What should I pack for an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana?
Here’s your Dominican Republic packing list:
- 3-5 pairs of socks.
- 4-7 pairs of underwear.
- 2 bras/1 sports bra.
- 3-5 tops for layering.
- 1-2 pair casual pants/shorts/capris/skirts,
- 1 pair jeans.
- 1 nice outfit for going out or cruise ship dinners.
- 1 pair flip-flops.
Do you need water shoes in Punta Cana?
If you plan on going out at night at the many night clubs and bars in Punta Cana, bring appropriate clothes. You should also bring a poncho in case it rains, and water shoes if you plan on doing water sports or snorkeling.
What can you not bring into Dominican Republic?
Illegal drugs, animal, horticultural and agricultural products are prohibited. The prescription medication you bring for personal use should be in its original container. Information on customs and duty
- 1 liter of liquor.
- One box of cigars or 200 cigarettes.
- Gifts of up to US$100.
- 2 bottles of perfume for your own use.
How do I prepare for vacation to Dominican Republic?
10 tips for your first visit to Dominican Republic
- Visas. Depending on where you come from, you may require a tourist visa for your trip to the Dominican Republic.
- Learn Some Spanish.
- Official Currency.
- Discover The Local Beaches.
- Take Sunscreen.
- Try The Food.
- Stay Hydrated.
- Buy Local Souvenirs.
How much money should I bring to Punta Cana for a week?
You can regularly pay with a credit card and withdraw money at ATMs. Therefore, it is recommended to take around 200 to 300 dollars per person for your vacation.
Do I need to bring a beach towel to an all inclusive resort?
Most hotels do not require you to bring your own beach towels. When you check in to the resort, along with your room key you will also receive one towel card per guest. When you check out from the resort, you will be required to hand in your towel card. If you lost the card or towel, the hotel could charge you a fee.
What can you not bring to Punta Cana?
The Dominican Republic is a tropical country, thus all the consequences and recommendations regarding clothing. Make sure to avoid synthetic clothes and opt for airy tank tops, shorts, sundresses and other light clothes.
How much cash should you take to an all-inclusive resort?
How Much Do You Tip at All-Inclusive Resorts? For a one-week stay at an all-inclusive resort, a couple should budget to spend about $150 US (or the local currency equivalent) total in tips. This means that you should bring about $20 in small bills with you to spend on tips throughout the day.
What should I wear to Punta Cana Resort?
Make sure you include these essentials.
- 4 breezy and airy summer dresses.
- 1-2 cover ups or rompers.
- 2-3 swimsuits.
- 5 tops.
- 3 bottoms: skirt, shorts or cropped pants, leggings.
- 1 rain jacket.
- 3 pairs of shoes: flip flops, athletic sandals, cute sandals.
- Accessories (straw hat, sunglasses, colorful jewelry, etc.)
Is mamajuana illegal in the US?
Both US and Canadian customs do not permit the transport of Mama Juana if it is not in its liquid. If you take dry MamaJuana ingredients home with you, be warned, it may be confiscated by Customs. U.S. customs officials appear to be wise to the beverage and will ask you straight out if you are bringing back Mamajuana.
Do you have to declare alcohol in checked baggage?
Checked Bags: Yes Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol are limited in checked bags to 5 liters (1.3 gallons) per passenger and must be in unopened retail packaging. Alcoholic beverages with 24% alcohol or less are not subject to limitations in checked bags.
What can I bring home from Dominican Republic?
What to bring from Punta Cana: Dominican souvenirs
- Rum. Dominican rum.
- Mamajuana. Traditional Dominican drink – Mamajuana.
- Cigars. Dominican Cigars.
- Painting. Dominican Painting.
- Larimar or Amber. Larimar or Amber – Punta Cana.
- Coffee. Dominican Coffee.
- Cacao. Dominican Cacao.
- Tainos Statues. Dominican Tainos Statues.
What should I know before traveling to Punta Cana?
10 Important Things to Know Before Visiting Punta Cana
- Most of the resorts in Punta Cana are all-inclusive.
- Bring cash for the airport and tips in Punta Cana.
- Punta Cana’s beaches are legit.
- Rain in Punta Cana rarely lasts for very long.
- Discos and nightclubs are everything in Punta Cana.
- Taxis are expensive.
What kind of clothes do they wear in Dominican Republic?
Cotton, silk, and linen are used in clothing items every day. Most of the people that you see will be wearing one or all of these fabrics. Even the businessmen will wear linen suits because they are much more breathable than traditional wool suits. Comfort and colorful style are key in the DR.
Can you drink the water in Punta Cana?
Can You Drink Tap Water in Punta Cana? No, tap water is not drinkable. According to WHO data, 97% of Dominican Republic cities/towns and rural areas have access to improved water sources, that are available when needed.