- 1 Is there a bad time to go to Jamaica?
- 2 What is the best month to travel to Jamaica?
- 3 What time of year is hurricane season in Jamaica?
- 4 What is the best month to go to Montego Bay?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to go to Jamaica?
- 6 What is the coldest month in Jamaica?
- 7 What places to avoid in Jamaica?
- 8 Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 9 Are the mosquitoes bad in Jamaica?
- 10 What is the best month to get married in Jamaica?
- 11 What should I know before going to Jamaica?
- 12 Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
- 13 What are the rainy months in Jamaica?
- 14 Is it safe to walk around Montego Bay Jamaica?
- 15 What is better Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
Is there a bad time to go to Jamaica?
The best times to visit Jamaica are late November through late April during the dry season. The worst times to visit Jamaica are August through October during the Caribbean hurricane season.
What is the best month to travel to Jamaica?
The best time to visit Jamaica is November to mid-December. That’s when the island’s already beautiful weather (ranging from mid-70s to the high 80s all year-round) is the most pleasant and the hotel and flight deals are the easiest to find.
What time of year is hurricane season in Jamaica?
Like most Caribbean islands, Jamaica has a hurricane season that officially starts on June 1st and lasts through November 30th. Don’t be alarmed even if you choose to visit at this time; the chances of a hurricane hitting Jamaica during your visit are very slim.
What is the best month to go to Montego Bay?
The best time to visit Montego Bay, Jamaica is from November to mid-December when the weather is pleasant and the room rates are reasonable.
What is the cheapest month to go to Jamaica?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Jamaica is August.
What is the coldest month in Jamaica?
Temperatures in Jamaica
- Montego Bay sees its warmest days in July, with a maximum temperature of 91°F, while the ‘coldest’ period is over the month of January, at 82°F.
- Negril generally hottest in July, Negril averages a maximum temperature of 86°F, and is coldest in January at 82°F.
What places to avoid in Jamaica?
Be vigilant in these areas – In Kingston: West Kingston Grant’s Pen, August Town, Harbour View, Spanish Town. In Montego Bay: Flankers, Barrett Town, Norwood, Glendevon, Rose Heights, Mount Salem. These are definitely places to avoid in Jamaica. 5
Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Are the mosquitoes bad in Jamaica?
Re: mosquitos in Jamaica? Yes, there are mosquitoes in Jamaica, but if you’re asking about Malaria, you don’t need to be concerned. They are much worse in most parts of the US. July is hot, and since it’s mid-hurricane season, common sense would tell you it’s humid and rains at times.
What is the best month to get married in Jamaica?
The best time to get married in Jamaica is from December to April.
- Check if the wedding venue has capacity for your group size.
- Check availability of the wedding venue.
What should I know before going to Jamaica?
11 Important Things Every Traveler Should Know Before Visiting
- The tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink.
- Getting around Jamaica is expensive.
- You can use U.S. dollars in Jamaica.
- Homophobia in Jamaica is rampant.
- Marijuana in Jamaica is illegal.
- Local food in Jamaica is delicious.
Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to Jamaica, as well as proof of anticipated departure from Jamaica. You do not need a visa for tourist travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What are the rainy months in Jamaica?
The wet (or rainy) season is usually around July to October, and once that’s gone by, you’ll be left with the dry season which means more consistent weather and less tropical rainfall. July is the warmest month in Jamaica, with a maximum temperature of 91°F. January is usually the ‘coldest’ with highs of 82°F.
Is it safe to walk around Montego Bay Jamaica?
It’s definitely safe to wander around during the day. Most tourist areas are safe at night as well. Just use caution like you would in any other large city. But definitely get away from the resort for awhile and go explore.
What is better Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
Conclusion: Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.