- 1 Is it safe to vacation in Ecuador?
- 2 What is the most visited place in Ecuador?
- 3 What is the best month to go to Ecuador?
- 4 Where should I stay in Ecuador?
- 5 Can you drink water in Ecuador?
- 6 Is Ecuador expensive to visit?
- 7 What language is spoken in Ecuador?
- 8 What is Ecuador famous for?
- 9 Does Ecuador have a beach?
- 10 How many days do you need in Ecuador?
- 11 Do I have to quarantine if I go to Ecuador?
- 12 Does Ecuador have a rainy season?
- 13 What food is popular in Ecuador?
- 14 What are 5 interesting facts about Ecuador?
- 15 What are some public services in Ecuador?
Is it safe to vacation in Ecuador?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM Ecuador is somewhat safe to visit, though it has many dangers. You should be aware that tourist hotspots, restaurants, shops and public transportation are places where most thefts and pickpocketing occur, and that violent crime exists on the streets, too.
What is the most visited place in Ecuador?
10 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Ecuador
- The Galápagos Islands. Bartolome Island, Galápagos.
- Quito: Ecuador’s Historic Andean Capital. Quito: Ecuador’s Historic Andean Capital.
- Cotopaxi and Cajas National Parks.
- The Boardwalk of Guayaquil.
- La Nariz del Diablo: The Devil’s Nose.
- The Hot Springs of Baños.
- Otavalo Market.
What is the best month to go to Ecuador?
The coast has the most clearly defined wet and dry seasons, and the best time to visit is from December to April, when frequent showers alternate with clear blue skies and temperatures stay high. From May to November it’s often overcast and relatively cool, especially in the south, with less chance of rainfall.
Where should I stay in Ecuador?
The Best Places to Stay in Ecuador for Great Value
- Comfortable and affordable, the Casa Gardenia is a chic, boutique-style hotel in Quito’s historic heart.
- Casa al Eden is another well-priced option in Quito.
- The Hotel Santa Lucia is a traditional, affordable choice in historic Cuenca.
Can you drink water in Ecuador?
Drinking tap water is not advisable anywhere in Ecuador, so drink only bottled or boiled water or soft drinks. If you are unable to find bottled drinks or to boil water, you can make water safer by both using a water-purifier that removes both bacteria and viruses and adding iodine tablets to the filtered water.
Is Ecuador expensive to visit?
Money in Ecuador Budget travelers can expect to spend about $40-50/day and mid-range travelers should expect to pay about $50-100/day. High-end travel varies widely, as luxury hotels and lodges can cost $300-500/night.
What language is spoken in Ecuador?
Ecuador’s official language is Spanish, but Quichua, the lingua franca of the Inca Empire, is spoken by many of the indigenous people. Nine additional indigenous languages are also spoken in Ecuador.
What is Ecuador famous for?
Ecuador is famous for being home to the Galapagos Islands, but there is so much more to the fourth smallest nation in South America. From its historic links to the ancient Inca to unusual modern-day exports, here are 12 amazing things you didn’t know about Ecuador.
Does Ecuador have a beach?
The coast of Ecuador is dotted with beaches that make even the most well-traveled visitor swoon. For such a small country, the offerings are many. Finding a beach in Ecuador along its almost 2,253 kilometers of coastline is an easy drive from most of the major cities and airports.
How many days do you need in Ecuador?
We recommend that you spend between about 8 to 10 days in the Ecuador Andean highlands region of the country. This will allow you to see the best of what this stunning, mountainous region of Ecuador has to offer, without missing out anything you might regret not seeing later.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Ecuador?
As long as the traveler does not present symptoms of COVID-19, the traveler does not need to perform mandatory preventive quarantine and they may freely move within the continental territory of Ecuador (Special rules apply to the Galapagos Islands; see below).
Does Ecuador have a rainy season?
The dry season runs from June to September and the wet season is from October to May.
What food is popular in Ecuador?
Ecuador Food and Drink
- Cuy: Roast guinea pig.
- Locro: Soup of potatoes, corn, cheese and avocado.
- Empanadas: Corn pasties stuffed with meat, cheese or vegetables.
- Llapingachos: Cheesy potato cakes.
- Seco de chivo: Goat stew usually served on special occasions.
- Ceviche: Raw seafood ‘cooked’ in lime and chilli.
What are 5 interesting facts about Ecuador?
Ecuador Facts: 10 Fascinating Things You Didn’t Know
- Ecuador means “equator” in Spanish.
- Yasuni Park is one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet.
- The Galapagos Islands inspired the Theory of Evolution.
- Chocolate has a long history in Ecuador.
- Ecuador is where to find orchid flowers.
What are some public services in Ecuador?
Ecuador has an army, navy (including naval infantry, naval aviation, and coast guard), and air force. There is a 12-month conscription for male citizens age 20. The National Police are under the authority of the Ministry of Government.