- 1 How much money do you need for 2 weeks in Greece?
- 2 How much does a 1 week trip to Greece cost?
- 3 How do I prepare for a trip to Greece?
- 4 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 5 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 6 Is Greece cheap or expensive?
- 7 What is the best month to visit Greece?
- 8 How can I go to Greece on a budget?
- 9 Is Santorini expensive to visit?
- 10 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 11 Is Greece a cheap place to visit?
- 12 Can you wear shorts in Greece?
- 13 Do I need a visa to go to Greece?
- 14 Is Greece friendly to American tourists?
How much money do you need for 2 weeks in Greece?
So, how much does it cost to go to Greece? Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
How much does a 1 week trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How do I prepare for a trip to Greece?
12 Useful Travel Tips For Greece
- Remember That Cash Is King. Unlike other European countries, Greece is big on cash, so make sure to have enough money with you.
- Be Sure To Plan Ahead.
- Watch Out For The Cigarette Smoke.
- Be Vigilant When Driving.
- Book Early.
- Know The Opening Hours.
- Go Outside And Explore.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Greece is October.
How many days in Greece is enough?
We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
Is Greece cheap or expensive?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
What is the best month to visit Greece?
Greece is known for glorious summer weather, blazing sunshine and clear blue skies from May to September. This is typically the best time to visit Greece – the country is full of life and temperatures reach the late 30s. It’s also peak season, though, so many tourists descend on the small island.
How can I go to Greece on a budget?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Is Santorini expensive to visit?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Do they speak English in Greece?
Although the official language in Greece and Athens is Greek, English is also widely spoken, so you shouldn’t experience any problems when visiting the city. English is very widely spoken in Greece, especially in the most touristy parts of the city.
Is Greece a cheap place to visit?
Greece is actually pretty cheap. Greek food, glasses of wine, hostel dorms, and public buses aren’t super expensive and you can find some really nice accommodation for between 30-40 EUR a night. There’s a lot of ways to save money in Greece without sacrificing comfort.
Can you wear shorts in Greece?
Shorts. It is acceptable to wear shorts, whether you are a woman or a man. Also, if you plan to do a walking tour of Athens, ditch the shorts and opt for a dress – if you are a woman – or a pair of long pants – if you are a man. Shorts are acceptable on the beach or when going from the beach to the shops near-by.
Do I need a visa to go to Greece?
Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements Greece is a party to the Schengen Agreement; therefore, U.S. citizens may enter Greece without a visa for stays of up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes. For entry into Greece, your passport should have at least six months of remaining validity.
Is Greece friendly to American tourists?
Country-Specific Information: The Department of State has issued a Travel Advisory Level 4 for Greece advising U.S. citizens not to travel to Greece due to COVID-19. Greek authorities have confirmed COVID-19 within its borders.