- 1 How expensive is the average trip to Hawaii?
- 2 What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
- 3 How much does a 10 day trip to Hawaii cost?
- 4 Is Hawaii a good place for family vacation?
- 5 When should you not go to Hawaii?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Hawaii?
- 7 What should I avoid in Hawaii?
- 8 How many days in Hawaii is enough?
- 9 How far in advance should I book flight to Hawaii?
- 10 What food can you not bring to Hawaii?
- 11 How much should I budget for food per day in Hawaii?
- 12 How much would it cost to stay in Hawaii for a month?
- 13 How do I plan a trip to Hawaii with kids?
- 14 Is Maui or Oahu better for families?
- 15 Do kids need Covid test to fly to Hawaii?
How expensive is the average trip to Hawaii?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Hawaii is $2,023 for a solo traveler, $2,986 for a couple, and $4,371 for a family of 4. Hawaii hotels range from $96 to $433 per night with an average of $177, while most vacation rentals will cost $270 to $810 per night for the entire home.
What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
Best Time of Year to Visit Hawaii for Low Prices Flights to Hawaii are generally at their most expensive from mid-December through mid-April. In 2019, Skyscanner estimated that flights would be cheapest in January and September and most expensive in June and December.
How much does a 10 day trip to Hawaii cost?
If you book right now, a 10-day trip to Hawaii in June 2021 for a family of four will cost $8,914. That’s a lot, yes, but that’s significantly less than the last time we estimated.
Is Hawaii a good place for family vacation?
Nothing revs up the family than a vacation to the spectacular Hawaiian Islands. With sandy beaches, cerulean waters and stunning mountains, Hawaii offers a world of fun to your whole gang.
When should you not go to Hawaii?
Hawaii’s Weather When it’s raining on one side of an island in Hawaii, though, the sun is usually shining on another, a short drive away. However, if the priority is to avoid heavy downpours in traditionally fun-in-the-sun locations such as Waikiki, Poipu, Kona and Kihei, the worst time to go is November through April.
What is the best month to go to Hawaii?
The best time to visit Hawaii is between March and September. This is when the islands see the highest temperatures and the lowest amount of rain. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the beach or the water.
What should I avoid in Hawaii?
Things you should never do in Hawaii
- Don’t touch the turtles in Hawaii.
- Don’t touch the dolphins and monk seals.
- Don’t touch the coral in Hawaii.
- Don’t wear sunscreen that isn’t reef-safe.
- Don’t call everyone “Hawaiian” in Hawaii.
- Don’t underestimate the power of the sun in Hawaii.
- Don’t skip the car rental in Hawaii.
How many days in Hawaii is enough?
While many vacations are five to seven days long, we recommend staying for at least 10 days to enjoy your Hawaiian vacation. The time change is difficult to adjust to at first and takes about 3 days to get fully acclimated. So, allowing a couple days to get over the jet lag is important.
How far in advance should I book flight to Hawaii?
On average, the best time to buy your ticket to Hawaii is between 21 and 121 days before departure, with the period between 40 and 50 days often mentioned as a golden rule.
What food can you not bring to Hawaii?
RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED ITEMS:
- Pineapple and bromeliad plants and fruits.
- Passion fruit plants and seeds.
- Cruciferous root vegetables (radish, turnip, daikon, horseradish, rutabaga)
- Corn on the cob.
- Citrus and pulpy fruits from Florida & Puerto Rico.
- Taro and dasheen.
How much should I budget for food per day in Hawaii?
While meal prices in Hawaii can vary, the average cost of food in Hawaii is $61 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Hawaii should cost around $24 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How much would it cost to stay in Hawaii for a month?
A one-bedroom apartment or home can range from about $1500 to more than $2000 per month and a two-bedroom apartment or a house will start at $1,800 per month.
How do I plan a trip to Hawaii with kids?
Here are 10 tips to keep your Hawaiian vacation fun, kid-friendly, and tantrum free when it’s not just the two of you.
- Book a family-friendly hotel.
- Pack the right outfits.
- Survive the long flight.
- Get adjusted.
- Give them a few choices.
- Beat the crowds.
- Let them sample local cuisine.
- Plan rainy day activities.
Is Maui or Oahu better for families?
Oahu definitely is the winner for more kid-friendly attractions and tours. Plus, it’s home to Disney’s Aulani Resort. However, Maui has a more laid back vibe, tons of kid-friendly resorts, and awesome snorkeling.
Do kids need Covid test to fly to Hawaii?
To comply with the CDC order and be exempt from the State of Hawaii mandatory quarantine: Children 2-4 years old will be required to take a COVID-19 viral test Opens external link to page that may not meet accessibility guidelines (NAAT or antigen test) for CDC requirements only.