- 1 How do I get rid of my Hilton Grand Vacations Club?
- 2 Will Hilton take back my timeshare?
- 3 Can you change your mind after buying a timeshare?
- 4 Does Hilton Grand Vacations have an exit program?
- 5 How do you write a letter to cancel a timeshare?
- 6 Who owns Hilton Grand Vacations?
- 7 How much do lawyers charge to get out of a timeshare?
- 8 Can you get out of a timeshare without a lawyer?
- 9 How can I legally get out of my timeshare?
How do I get rid of my Hilton Grand Vacations Club?
To cancel Hilton timeshare contract, you need to call the HGVC reservations phone number. The Hilton Club Counsellors usually assist people with their booking and trading concerns, but they can also help you for cancelling your reservation. If you want to cancel your reservations online, this option is also available.
The resort that your timeshare is associated with has the right of first refusal (ROFR), which means they can step in as the buyer. If this happens, the Hilton will become the buyer of your timeshare and accept the terms of the contract.
So, if you wish to cancel your resort timeshare purchase, you generally have a period of 5-15 days after purchase wherein you may legally rescind the contract. After the rescission period has expired, you can no longer cancel your purchase without penalty.
Does Hilton Grand Vacations have an exit program?
The Hilton Grand Vacations Club does offer an exit program of its own. But like any developer exit program, it has specific criteria that owners must meet first to qualify. So in other words, even a paid-off timeshare is not quickly sold. And not many retain a substantial resale value.
Write Your Timeshare Cancellation Letter
- Your name and contact information.
- The name of your timeshare company.
- The contract number.
- The names on the timeshare contract.
- The date of purchase.
- A statement of cancellation.
- The amount you paid, including a request that this amount be returned to you.
Who owns Hilton Grand Vacations?
Your timeshare’s value is determined by the average asking price of similar timeshares being advertised for sale and rent on BuyaTimeshare.com at your particular resort. Values can vary by resort location, resort brand, season, unit size and more. Your ownership documents will have all of the information you need.
On average, the cost of professional cancellation services is around $4,000. This typically gets you a team that will work with your timeshare company on a settlement or manages the resale process for you.
You’ll have to cut each separate contract to escape. That’s a lot to do on your own, so you may need an attorney to help you work your way out of all those contracts. Find one who specializes in contract law and has successfully gotten people out of their timeshares.
Getting out of a timeshare The main way to get out of a timeshare is to sell it. To do this you’ll have to make sure all fees are paid. However, timeshares can be very hard to sell. Most people make a loss when they sell them.