- 1 What can you not bring to Jamaica?
- 2 What should I wear on a trip to Jamaica?
- 3 How much cash should I bring to Jamaica?
- 4 What are good things to bring on vacation?
- 5 Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
- 6 Why you should not go to Jamaica?
- 7 Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
- 8 Can you wear camouflage in Jamaica?
- 9 Do you need bug spray in Jamaica?
- 10 Is US money worth a lot in Jamaica?
- 11 Can I use my debit card in Jamaica?
- 12 What is not allowed in a carry-on bag?
- 13 What should you not forget about a trip?
- 14 What can you not pack in your carry-on bag?
What can you not bring to Jamaica?
When leaving Jamaica, certain goods have restrictions or are forbidden from being carried out of the country. Forbidden items include illegal drugs, knives and deadly weapons, local currency, counterfeit currency and goods and pornographic or offensive material.
What should I wear on a trip to Jamaica?
What to Wear in Jamaica
- Go for comfort over style.
- Casual clothes in lightweight natural fabrics (cotton, silk and linen) will work best – it is warm and sunny but not unbearably hot all year round.
- However the nights tend to be a little cooler so a sweater or wrap is worth popping in your case.
How much cash should I bring to Jamaica?
There are no restrictions on the import or export of local or foreign currency. However, amounts exceeding US$10,000 or equivalent must be declared.
What are good things to bring on vacation?
Don’t have time to read the full article? Here’s a quick rundown of the main essentials to pack before you leave the house:
- Phone charger / portable phone charger.
- EU adapters.
- Flip flops (for the hostel bathrooms)
- Water bottle.
Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
Mostly, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink, but in more remote areas you may want to avoid drinking water straight out of the tap, unless it has been boiled, filtered or otherwise treated. Good to know: tap water at the Beaches and Sandals resorts in Jamaica is filtered by the resort.
Why you should not go to Jamaica?
Jamaica also has a bad reputation when it comes to crime, however. There are gangs trafficking drugs across the country, and – especially in certain parts of its cities – violence and gun crime are rife. Tourists aren’t exempt: petty theft and robberies aren’t rare. 5
Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to Jamaica, as well as proof of anticipated departure from Jamaica. You do not need a visa for tourist travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Can you wear camouflage in Jamaica?
The Parliament in Jamaica has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing except for uniforms worn by the police. They don’t want civilians mistake for police officers. So if you are going to the Caribbean, you are wise to leave the camo at home.
Do you need bug spray in Jamaica?
Most resorts, villas and upscale hotels provide some complimentary toiletries, such as shampoo and conditioner, but you’ll need to bring your own toothpaste and toothbrush. Pack sunblock, bug spray and anti-itch cream to protect against the sun and Jamaica’s vicious sand fleas and mosquitoes.
Is US money worth a lot in Jamaica?
US dollars are widely accepted on the island but you will pretty much always pay more than if you paid in Jamaican dollars. The exchange rate while we were in Jamaica was about ~J$117 to US$1. 6. The best printed travel guide for Jamaica is Lonely Planet Jamaica.
Can I use my debit card in Jamaica?
Credit/Debit Cards Credit cards and debit cards are accepted at most hotels, resorts, and most larger shops. Do not depend on credit and/or debit cards as your sole source of money while in Jamaica. Also bring along a mixture of cash and travelers checks.
What is not allowed in a carry-on bag?
Liquid or gel food items larger than 3.4 oz are not allowed in carry-on bags and should be placed in your checked bags if possible. TSA officers may instruct travelers to separate items from carry-on bags such as foods, powders, and any materials that can clutter bags and obstruct clear images on the X-ray machine.
What should you not forget about a trip?
Common Things People Always Forget to Pack for Vacation
- Phone chargers. A person charges a phone.
- Toothpaste. A toothbrush with toothpaste | Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty Images.
- Swimsuit. A suitcase with clothes | LeszekCzerwonka/iStock/Getty Images.
- Laundry bag.
- First aid kit.
- Lip balm.
What can you not pack in your carry-on bag?
7 Things You Should Never Pack in a Carry-On Bag
- Smelly Snacks. Don’t so the mistake of packing smelly snacks in your carry-bag.
- Weapons. Never carry any kind of weapons in your bag.
- Meats, Cheeses, and Chocolate.
- Sports Equipment.
- Inert Weapons.
- Battery-Operated Items.
- Liquids Over 3.4 Ounces by Volume.