- 1 What should you avoid in Alaska?
- 2 What months are considered summer in Alaska?
- 3 What is the tourist season in Alaska?
- 4 What is the best month to visit Anchorage?
- 5 Can you drive to Alaska without a passport?
- 6 What is the hottest month in Alaska?
- 7 What is the most beautiful part of Alaska?
- 8 Can you see the northern lights in July in Alaska?
- 9 How many days should you spend in Alaska?
- 10 When can I see northern lights in Alaska?
- 11 Is it always cold in Alaska?
- 12 What is the best time of year to visit Denali National Park?
- 13 How hot is Alaska in July?
- 14 How much does it cost to go to Alaska for a week?
What should you avoid in Alaska?
20 Things Everyone In Alaska Should Avoid At All Costs
- Farmed seafood. Flickr – Judi Knight.
- Or buying fish in general.
- Even feeding your dogs farmed fish.
- Eating hot dogs.
- Camping without a view.
- Snacking on chips from the lower 48.
- Shopping at big corporate box stores.
- Drinking wine that isn’t from Alaska.
What months are considered summer in Alaska?
Summer in Alaska – May through September – first appears in the Inside Passage region and moves its way north, carried along by lengthening daylight hours. May is generally the driest month across the state, even in the temperate rainforest of the Inside Passage.
What is the tourist season in Alaska?
The main tourist season in Alaska is May 15th to September 15th. Alaska’s tourist attractions and summer excursions mostly do not open before May 15 and have almost all closed down by September 15. The most popular time to visit is typically between mid-June and mid-August.
What is the best month to visit Anchorage?
The best time to visit Anchorage
- High Season: June to August. Best time for exploring the outdoors. Backpacker hike in Chugach State Park near Anchorage, Alaska.
- Shoulder Season: March to May, August to November. Best time to beat the crowds.
- Low Season: November to February. Best time for snow sports.
Can you drive to Alaska without a passport?
With the american passport you can take one of the numerous trans-Canadian highways and enjoy the adventure of travelling through this country of breathtaking landscapes. Unfortunately you can not drive to Alaska without a passport.
What is the hottest month in Alaska?
July is peak season in Alaska and also typically the warmest month of the summer.
What is the most beautiful part of Alaska?
12 of the most scenic spots in Alaska
- Denali National Park and Preserve.
- Chena Hot Springs.
- Mendenhall Glacier.
- White Pass.
- Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Hatcher Pass.
- Kodiak Island.
Can you see the northern lights in July in Alaska?
Yes, you can see the northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, from Anchorage – but not in the summer. The aurora actually occurs all year long, but the sky needs to be clear and dark to see it. Views are best from September to April.
How many days should you spend in Alaska?
How many days do you need for an Alaska vacation? The sweet spot for an Alaska vacation is seven to 10 days. If you’re traveling on a land tour only, in seven days you can go all the way from Kenai Fjords National Park to Denali National Park with plenty of time for day-long guided excursions along the way.
When can I see northern lights in Alaska?
The northern lights occur all four seasons of the year, although they are harder to see under the Midnight Sun. The best time to see the northern lights in Alaska is between August and April, when less daylight leads to darker night skies.
Is it always cold in Alaska?
Alaska is cold, very cold. Alaska has the coldest winters, the coldest summers, the longest winter, the most freezing degree days, and on and on. Temperatures in the -30°s and -40°s are a near daily occurrence from November through March in the interior portion of the state. There is a very simple reason for this.
What is the best time of year to visit Denali National Park?
The best time to visit Denali National Park is from late May until mid-September. The weather is pleasant, and shuttle busses can drive visitors into the wilderness during this time.
How hot is Alaska in July?
July Weather in Anchorage Alaska, United States. Daily high temperatures are around 67°F, rarely falling below 60°F or exceeding 75°F. The highest daily average high temperature is 68°F on July 20. Daily low temperatures are around 54°F, rarely falling below 50°F or exceeding 59°F.
How much does it cost to go to Alaska for a week?
A vacation to Alaska for one week usually costs around $1,362 for one person. So, a trip to Alaska for two people costs around $2,724 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $5,447 in Alaska.