- 1 What is the cheapest time to go to Jamaica?
- 2 What is the off season for Jamaica?
- 3 What is the best month to travel to Jamaica?
- 4 What month is hurricane season in Jamaica?
- 5 How much spending money do you need for Jamaica?
- 6 Do you need a passport for Jamaica?
- 7 What is the coldest month in Jamaica?
- 8 How many days do you need in Jamaica?
- 9 What places to avoid in Jamaica?
- 10 Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 11 Are the mosquitoes bad in Jamaica?
- 12 Is Montego Bay Safe?
- 13 Can you drink tap water in Montego Bay?
- 14 What is the best month to get married in Jamaica?
- 15 What should I know before going to Jamaica?
What is the cheapest time to go to Jamaica?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Jamaica is August.
What is the off season for Jamaica?
Off-season, also called the low season, is mid-April to mid-December, April 16 – December 14. Smart and savvy travelers to Jamaica know that it makes sense to visit during the low season.
What is the best month to travel to Jamaica?
The best time to go to Jamaica is November until mid-December, when resort and flight deals are great and peak season hasn’t arrived yet. If you don’t mind the crowds, your best bet is to visit Jamaica from mid-December until April, when the weather is optimal for a beach vacation.
What month is hurricane season in Jamaica?
Like most Caribbean islands, Jamaica has a hurricane season that officially starts on June 1st and lasts through November 30th.
How much spending money do you need for Jamaica?
You should plan to spend around J$15,989 ($109) per day on your vacation in Jamaica, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, J$3,038 ($21) on meals for one day and J$1,673 ($11) on local transportation.
Do you need a passport for Jamaica?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to Jamaica, as well as proof of anticipated departure from Jamaica. You do not need a visa for tourist travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What is the coldest month in Jamaica?
Temperatures in Jamaica
- Montego Bay sees its warmest days in July, with a maximum temperature of 91°F, while the ‘coldest’ period is over the month of January, at 82°F.
- Negril generally hottest in July, Negril averages a maximum temperature of 86°F, and is coldest in January at 82°F.
How many days do you need in Jamaica?
Ten days is a good length for a trip to Jamaica and provides enough time to relax on the beach while also venturing beyond the sun and sand for a mix of adventure and culture.
What places to avoid in Jamaica?
Be vigilant in these areas – In Kingston: West Kingston Grant’s Pen, August Town, Harbour View, Spanish Town. In Montego Bay: Flankers, Barrett Town, Norwood, Glendevon, Rose Heights, Mount Salem. These are definitely places to avoid in Jamaica. 5
Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Are the mosquitoes bad in Jamaica?
Re: mosquitos in Jamaica? Yes, there are mosquitoes in Jamaica, but if you’re asking about Malaria, you don’t need to be concerned. They are much worse in most parts of the US. July is hot, and since it’s mid-hurricane season, common sense would tell you it’s humid and rains at times.
Is Montego Bay Safe?
While Montego Bay is a relatively safe city, reasonable precautions should be observed. Stay in groups, and stick to tourist areas. The rural areas are especially dangerous. Most locations close to the resorts are safe.
Can you drink tap water in Montego Bay?
Can You Drink Tap Water in Montego Bay? No, tap water is not drinkable. There are many different contaminants present in the tap water in Jamaica, including chlorine, lead, VOCs, pesticides, prescription drugs and bacteria.
What is the best month to get married in Jamaica?
The best time to get married in Jamaica is from December to April.
- Check if the wedding venue has capacity for your group size.
- Check availability of the wedding venue.
What should I know before going to Jamaica?
11 Important Things Every Traveler Should Know Before Visiting
- The tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink.
- Getting around Jamaica is expensive.
- You can use U.S. dollars in Jamaica.
- Homophobia in Jamaica is rampant.
- Marijuana in Jamaica is illegal.
- Local food in Jamaica is delicious.