- 1 Is Punta Cana better than Santo Domingo?
- 2 Which is better La Romana or Punta Cana?
- 3 What is the safest area in the Dominican Republic?
- 4 Is Santo Domingo worth visiting?
- 5 How much does it cost from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana?
- 6 Does La Romana have nice beaches?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Punta Cana to La Romana?
- 8 Which side of Dominican Republic is best?
- 9 Are there any travel warnings for Punta Cana?
- 10 Why is Punta Cana so cheap?
- 11 Is Punta Cana safer than Cancun?
- 12 Can you drink the water in Santo Domingo?
- 13 What can you not eat or drink in the Dominican Republic?
- 14 How much does it cost from Santo Domingo to La Romana?
Is Punta Cana better than Santo Domingo?
Unlike Santo Domingo, Punta Cana is more relaxed and family-oriented. Many tourists come here to enjoy the most stunning beaches. Punta Cana is the most visited resort town in the Caribbean, more than 4 million foreign tourists come here every year.
Which is better La Romana or Punta Cana?
Punta Cana: If you love all-inclusive resorts and appreciate great value, Punta Cana is your dream destination. La Romana: La Romana offers a slower pace and fewer resorts, which makes it the perfect place to go if you’re craving a quiet escape with fewer tourists and less nightlife.
What is the safest area in the Dominican Republic?
Safest Places in Dominican Republic
- Puerto Plata. Puerto Plata is a charming destination on the North Coast of the island.
- Las Terrenas. Another northern destination, Las Terrenas is an even smaller city offering huge beaches.
- Santiago de los Caballeros.
Is Santo Domingo worth visiting?
Is it worth visiting the capital city of Santo Domingo? Absolutely! Santo Domingo is the first city of the Americas, and was designated the American Capital of Culture for 2010. Its Colonial City is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, filled with museums, arts, culture, and the city’s most popular restaurants.
How much does it cost from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana?
There is a 127 miles distance to drive from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana. The average travel time is around 3 hours. It costs approximately 27 USD to fill up a car on this route.
Does La Romana have nice beaches?
On the other hand, the second most visited destination in the Dominican Republic is La Romana. This place is surrounded by golf courses, amazing coral reefs and the most beautiful turquoise crystal water beaches and white sand.
How much is a taxi from Punta Cana to La Romana?
The quickest way to get from Punta Cana to La Romana is to taxi which costs $150 – $190 and takes 55 min.
Which side of Dominican Republic is best?
Best areas to stay in the Dominican Republic
- Santo Domingo, best place to stay in the Dominican Republic for sightseeing.
- Punta Cana, all inclusive resort area with amazing beaches.
- Bayahibe, where to stay in Dominican Republic for diving.
- La Romana, very upscale area.
- Juan Dolio, affordable family-friendly beach area.
Are there any travel warnings for Punta Cana?
Dominican Republic – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Travel Health Notice for the Dominican Republic due to COVID-19, indicating a moderate level of COVID-19 in the country. Exercise increased caution in the Dominican Republic due to crime.
Why is Punta Cana so cheap?
Why The Dominican Republic Is The Cheapest Holiday Destination In The Caribbean. The country has one of the highest crime rates of any nation in the Caribbean and as a result, merchants in the hospitality industry have marked down the prices of vacation packages so severely, they’re almost giving those incentives away.
Is Punta Cana safer than Cancun?
In terms of safety, both Cancun and Punta Cana are safe, as long as precautions are taken. I.e. avoid unlit areas at night and confrontations with locals. Non-tourist areas in the Dominican Republic do have notable crime rates though.
Can you drink the water in Santo Domingo?
Remember that you cannot drink the tap water in Santo Domingo or anywhere else in the Dominican Republic. Restaurants serve only bottled/purified water and ice made from purified water. If you have any stomach problems during your trip you should see a doctor. Treatment with antibiotics may be necessary.
What can you not eat or drink in the Dominican Republic?
NEVER DO the following in the Dominican Republic:
- Never drink tap water.
- Never eat fruit and vegetables from stalls and fruit kiosks without washing and peeling them.
- Not drink fresh juice from fruit kiosks.
- Not use ice from kiosks.
- Not play with street animals.
- Not eat raw meat and fish (ceviche).
How much does it cost from Santo Domingo to La Romana?
There is a 78 miles distance to drive from Santo Domingo to La Romana. The average travel time is around 2 hours. It costs approximately 17 USD to fill up a car on this route.