- 1 Which is the nicest Greek island to visit?
- 2 Where is the nicest place in Greece?
- 3 What is the most beautiful part of Greece?
- 4 How do I decide where to go to Greece?
- 5 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 6 Which is nicer Rhodes or Crete?
- 7 What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 8 What is the most popular holiday in Greece?
- 9 Where in Greece was Mamma Mia filmed?
- 10 What should you not miss in Greece?
- 11 Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
- 12 What is the most visited city in Greece?
- 13 Where do couples go in Greece?
- 14 Which Greek island is best for you?
Which is the nicest Greek island to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sites, hikes, traditional villages, small cities, and great tours.
Where is the nicest place in Greece?
Mykonos. Perched not too far (in Greek terms) from Santorini, Mykonos is one of the best places in Greece to visit for a little taste of the islands. It’s the kind of island that has a good mix of everything; quaint Greek charm, beautiful beaches (and sunsets), historic towns and party spots (if that’s your thing).
What is the most beautiful part of Greece?
Below islands are undoubtedly some of the most beautiful places in Greece.
- SANTORINI. BEST FOR – Romantic holiday, Nightlife, food, hiking, and first-time travelers.
- MYKONOS. BEST FOR – Beaches, Nightlife, and first-time travelers.
- NAXOS. BEST FOR – Families, Beaches, Food and Hiking.
How do I decide where to go to Greece?
Greek islands: How to choose the right one for your holiday
- Best scenery: Santorini.
- Best nightlife: Mykonos.
- Best traditional village life: Naxos.
- Best kiteboarding and windsurfing: Paros.
- Best beaches: Milos.
- Best for nature lovers: Ikaria.
- Best Robinson Crusoe destination: Koufonisia.
- Best couples getaway: Folegandros.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
Which is nicer Rhodes or Crete?
Though touristy, Rhodes has many pleasant uncrowded places in the off-season (e.g. Haraki) as well as fabulous beaches. Crete also has great beaches (perhaps even better ones), big resorts with British-style bars, as well as authentic and quiet areas.
What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
Cheap Greek Islands to Visit
What is the most popular holiday in Greece?
Greek Easter Easter is by far the most important holiday in Greece. With approximately 90% of the population Greek Orthodox, Easter follows the Orthodox calendar which means it is often a different date than Catholic Easter.
Where in Greece was Mamma Mia filmed?
Millions of people worldwide loved the 2008 blockbuster movie, ‘Mamma Mia’. Many of the scenes of the popular movie were shot on the Greek Islands of Skopelos and Skiathos under the pretence that the story was set on a totally fictional island called Kalokairi.
What should you not miss in Greece?
What Should You Not Miss in Greece?
- The Acropolis of Athens. Head here after having had breakfast downtown.
- Cyclades islands. It is just impossible to travel to Greece without including a visit to its famous islands.
- Traditional food.
Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
What is the most visited city in Greece?
ATHENS → It goes without saying that Athens is by far Greece’s most visited spot by tourists worldwide. Athens is referred to as the historical capital of Europe and in 1834, it became the capital of the modern Greek state.
Where do couples go in Greece?
Best Greek Islands For Couples
- Corfu. The Venetian-inspired Corfu is easily one of the best Greek islands for couples.
- 7 New Years Traditions in Greece.
Which Greek island is best for you?
Which Greek Island Is Best for You?
- For Romantics: Santorini. Calling all honeymooners, selfie-takers, and first-time visitors.
- For Night Owls: Mykonos.
- For Beach Bums: Milos.
- For Active Travelers: Paros.
- For Culture Lovers: Naxos.
- For Foodies: Crete.
- For History Buffs: Rhodes.
- For Pilgrims: Patmos.