- 1 What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
- 2 Is New Mexico safe for tourists?
- 3 What is the coolest city in New Mexico?
- 4 What is the best time of year to visit Santa Fe NM?
- 5 Where are the prettiest mountains in New Mexico?
- 6 Is Albuquerque or Santa Fe nicer?
- 7 Where in New Mexico should you not live?
- 8 Do I have to self-quarantine if I travel to or return to New Mexico?
- 9 Do I have to quarantine if I’m just driving through New Mexico?
- 10 What is bad about New Mexico?
- 11 Is it cheaper to live in New Mexico or Texas?
- 12 Is Santa Fe more expensive than Albuquerque?
- 13 How many days do you need in Santa Fe?
- 14 Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
- 15 What is the coldest month in Santa Fe New Mexico?
What is the prettiest part of New Mexico?
11 Unimaginably Beautiful Places in New Mexico That You Must See Before You Die
- Carlsbad Caverns (Carlsbad)
- Ghost Ranch (Abiquiu)
- Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness (San Juan County)
- Taos Gorge (Taos)
- White Sands National Park (Dona Ana/Otero County)
- Blue Hole (Santa Rosa)
Is New Mexico safe for tourists?
Unfortunately, New Mexico is not one of the safest states in the nation, recording the highest rate of property crime and 2nd highest rate of violent crime. New Mexico’s safest city is Los Alamos, earning a very high 0.98 Safety Index score that dwarfs those of every other community in the state.
What is the coolest city in New Mexico?
10 Best Cities to Visit On Vacation in New Mexico
- Silver City.
- Las Cruces.
- Cloudcroft. A wooden railroad tressle in the Lincoln Mountains near Cloudcroft.
- Mesilla. Basilica of San Albino in Mesilla Village.
- Truth or Consequences. Credit: © Cynthia Mccrary – Dreamstime.com.
What is the best time of year to visit Santa Fe NM?
The best time to visit Santa Fe is between September and November. During this time, temperatures range from the high 20s to high 70s. One can argue that springtime has a similar climate with similar hotel rates, but the festivals make fall the clear winner.
Where are the prettiest mountains in New Mexico?
These Photos Of 8 Mountain Peaks In New Mexico Will Take Your Breath Away
- Sierra Blanca Peak, near Ruidoso.
- Sandia Crest, near Albuquerque.
- Wheeler Peak, near Taos.
- Signal Peak, near Silver City.
- Santa Fe Baldy, near Santa Fe.
- La Mosca Lookout, near Grants.
- Hermit Peak, near Las Vegas.
- Mogollon Baldy, near Glenwood.
Is Albuquerque or Santa Fe nicer?
I would not consider Santa Fe a ‘ better’ city than Albuquerque … each city has its virtues. Santa Fe is a more beautiful city in the southwestern tradition. Albuquerque is a more affordable option both for residents and travelers (Check out my post on things to do in Historic Old Town Albuquerque).
Where in New Mexico should you not live?
Based on these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in New Mexico.
- Rio Rancho. Just making the list of the worst places to live in New Mexico is Rio Rancho, which is also the 20th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Truth or Consequences.
- Las Cruces.
Do I have to self-quarantine if I travel to or return to New Mexico?
Visitors from anywhere outside of the state will instead be strongly advised to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days and to seek out a COVID-19 test upon their arrival in or return to New Mexico.
Do I have to quarantine if I’m just driving through New Mexico?
What if you are just passing through New Mexico to get to another destination? Do you have to quarantine for 14 days in New Mexico? No. If you are just passing through, you do not have stay here.
What is bad about New Mexico?
New Mexico performed poorly in several categories including the highest percentage of the population living in poverty, lowest income growth, the lowest population aged 25 and older with a high school diploma or higher, and had the highest crime rate.
Is it cheaper to live in New Mexico or Texas?
Cost of Living New Mexico and Texas are both affordable places to live compared to the national average. However, cost of living is 5% higher in Texas, where larger cities and more expensive houses contribute to higher prices in almost every category.
Is Santa Fe more expensive than Albuquerque?
The cost of living in Santa Fe, NM is 11.5% higher than in Albuquerque, NM. You would have to earn a salary of $66,904 to maintain your current standard of living. Employers in Santa Fe, NM typically pay 0.9% more than employeers in Albuquerque, NM.
How many days do you need in Santa Fe?
Three days isn’t enough time to get the full experience of this area. If you’re thinking of coming to Santa Fe, I would recommend trying to schedule in at least four or five days so that you can enjoy an easy pace and have a wider variety of experiences.
Do you need a car in Santa Fe?
Transportation. Though the downtown area is walkable, you’ ll need a car to visit the rest of Santa Fe. Parking is plentiful, even downtown, but public transportation is limited to the bus system.
What is the coldest month in Santa Fe New Mexico?
The cold season lasts for 3.0 months, from November 22 to February 21, with an average daily high temperature below 48°F. The coldest month of the year in Santa Fe is January, with an average low of 19°F and high of 41°F.