- 1 Where should you not stay in LA?
- 2 What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
- 3 Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
- 4 Is LA safe at night?
- 5 Where is the best area to stay in LA?
- 6 Is La walkable?
- 7 Is Beverly Hills safe at night?
- 8 Is Hollywood safe at night?
- 9 Is Santa Monica safe for tourists?
- 10 Is Venice Beach safe at night?
- 11 Is Santa Monica beach safe at night?
- 12 What are the bad areas of Los Angeles?
- 13 What are the worst neighborhoods in LA?
- 14 Is LA downtown safe?
Where should you not stay in LA?
BONUS – Where NOT to stay in LA (+ the list of safest neighbourhoods)
- Skid Row (the largest number of homeless people in the US live here)
- South Central.
- Downtown LA (only at night)
- Hyde Park.
- West Adams.
What should I avoid in Los Angeles?
Where To Avoid When Visiting Los Angeles
- Cinerama Dome. The Cinerama Dome is a dome and little more for most who visit.
- Dolby Theatre.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The Grove.
- L.A. Live.
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
- Pink’s Hot Dogs.
- Rodeo Drive.
Is it better to stay in Venice Beach or Santa Monica?
Looking at them, Santa Monica is certainly the more stylish, upmarket suburb of the two. It’s catering to more sophisticated shopping and travel. Venice Beach attracts a younger more grungy traveler, and the accommodation is styled and sized to suit that market.
Is LA safe at night?
It’s relatively safe, but just be careful at night. Overall, public transport in Los Angeles is pretty safe. Just BE AWARE of your surroundings. 5
Where is the best area to stay in LA?
The 7 Best Neighborhoods in Los Angeles for Tourists
- Hollywood. Hollywood is a great place to stay for first-time visitors to Los Angeles – and especially good if you don’t plan on renting a car as it’s a hub for public transportation.
- West Hollywood.
- Beverly Hills.
- Venice Beach.
- Santa Monica.
Is La walkable?
But some of the best parts of the City of Angels are more accessible to pedestrians than you might think. Take a place like West Hollywood, which gets a “walk” score of 91, the highest of any California city.
Is Beverly Hills safe at night?
Do you feel safe walking alone at night in Beverly Hills? Extremely safe. Night or day, it’s a very safe place.
Is Hollywood safe at night?
Where most of the hotels are in the Hollywood area, the area is as safe as any big city in the US. And it “at night” means after dinner, a show, etc, yes it is safe. 3AM.
Is Santa Monica safe for tourists?
Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings when visiting Santa Monica and you can enjoy a safe and enjoyable visit. Amongst the most common crimes reported on the Santa Monica Pier, violent crimes like fights or major burglaries are relatively uncommon.
Is Venice Beach safe at night?
Having said that, I feel totally safe walking around at night in the areas where there is normal foot traffic. As long as there are other people around, there’s not too much to worry about. There will be people out jogging or walking their dogs as well as tourists milling about at all normal hours of the night.
Is Santa Monica beach safe at night?
Santa Monica is fine all around, although you’ll see a lot of homeless people near the Pier.
What are the bad areas of Los Angeles?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Los Angeles, CA
- Chinatown. Population 23,676. 305 %
- Civic Center-Little Tokyo. Population 3,457. 299 %
- South Park. Population 7,021.
- Lincoln Heights. Population 2,763.
- Leiment Park. Population 10,458.
- West Adams. Population 11,961.
- South Los Angeles. Population 248,666.
- Hyde Park. Population 34,645.
What are the worst neighborhoods in LA?
The 5 most dangerous neighborhoods in Los Angeles, CA
- Civic Center-Little Tokyo.
- South Park.
- Lincoln Heights.
- Leimert Park.
- West Adams (494% higher crime rate from California’s average)
- South Los Angeles (385% higher crime rate from California’s average)
- Hyde Park (369% higher crime rate from California’s average)
Is LA downtown safe?
Safety: Like many cities on the West Coast, LA struggles with homelessness. This is especially true in downtown LA, where areas like Skid Row are filled with tents. Still, DTLA is fairly safe, especially during the day. Walkability: DTLA is the most walkable neighborhood in Los Angeles.