- 1 What is there to do in Colorado in the summer?
- 2 Is Colorado pretty in the summer?
- 3 Is July a good time to visit Colorado?
- 4 What is the number 1 attraction in Colorado?
- 5 What is the prettiest mountain town in Colorado?
- 6 What is the weather like in Colorado in July?
- 7 What should I pack for a trip to Colorado in July?
- 8 Does Colorado have snow in July?
- 9 What is the rainiest month in Colorado?
- 10 What is there to do in Denver in July?
- 11 What is the most beautiful part of Colorado?
- 12 What is Colorado Springs best known for?
- 13 What foods is Colorado known for?
What is there to do in Colorado in the summer?
Summer in Colorado
- Whitewater Rafting. Rafting in Colorado is our favorite can’t-miss chance for fun.
- Mountain or Road Biking.
- Horseback Riding.
- Ziplining & Aerial Parks.
- Rock Climbing.
- Soaking in Hot Springs.
- Scenic Train Rides.
Is Colorado pretty in the summer?
Colorado summers are beautiful – the days are warm and sunny, but the evenings are refreshingly cool. If you time your visit just right, you’ll find the mountainsides covered in wildflowers.
Is July a good time to visit Colorado?
The best time to visit Colorado is during the warm season which runs from June to October. In June, snow melts in the mountains, so it’s a high time to hike in Rocky Mountain National Park, Mount Elbert, Mount Bierstadt, and drive through some of the highest passes in the state.
What is the number 1 attraction in Colorado?
1. Rocky Mountain National Park. Just a few miles from the mountain town of Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the most popular national parks in the United States. The soaring mountain peaks, alpine lakes and meadows, forests, and abundant wildlife showcase nature at its best.
What is the prettiest mountain town in Colorado?
Breckenridge. A beautiful mountain town nestled in the Rocky Mountains, Breckenridge is surrounded by scenic beauty. Founded in 1859, this lovely community has roots in mining. Now, it’s home to a large historic district: stroll historic Main Street to discover fine eateries and quaint shops.
What is the weather like in Colorado in July?
July Weather in Denver Colorado, United States. Daily high temperatures are around 88°F, rarely falling below 78°F or exceeding 96°F. Daily low temperatures are around 62°F, rarely falling below 54°F or exceeding 68°F. The highest daily average low temperature is 63°F on July 21.
What should I pack for a trip to Colorado in July?
Must-Pack List: Summer in Colorado
- Lightweight day pack. There’s no doubt, you’re going to want something light and comfortable to carry essentials like sunscreen, a water bottle, layered clothing and snacks for daytime activities.
- Hydration pack / water bottles.
- Outdoor sandals.
- Rain jacket.
- Fleece jacket.
Does Colorado have snow in July?
Summer snowfall is not all that uncommon in Colorado and it’s even possible to see flurries above the treeline as early as July, Entrekin said.
What is the rainiest month in Colorado?
On average, May is the wettest month with 2.17 inch (55.0 mm) of precipitation. On average, February is the driest month with 0.35 inch (9.0 mm) of precipitation.
What is there to do in Denver in July?
While you’re in the city, make sure to visit these renowned and historic places:
- Union Station.
- State Capitol.
- Civic Center Park.
- 16th Street Mall.
- Brown Palace.
- Denver Zoo.
- Botanic Gardens.
- History Colorado.
What is the most beautiful part of Colorado?
12 of Colorado’s Most Beautiful Places
- Royal Gorge (Arkansas River – near Cañon City) Royal Gorge, colorado. Photo: Scrubhiker (USCdyer)
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison (near Montrose) Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Photo: John Weiss.
- Great Sand Dunes (Crestone – Alamosa) Great Sand Dunes National Park.
What is Colorado Springs best known for?
With the city located at the base of the Rocky Mountains, and its many trails and parks, Colorado Springs is a popular destination for tourists seeking scenery, rock formations and other unique geological features, like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods Park, The Broadmoor Seven Falls, and Cave Of The Winds Mountain Park.
What foods is Colorado known for?
Here are some famous foods from Colorado, in no particular order:
- Rocky Mountain Oysters. Rocky Mountain Oysters.
- Colorado Style Pizza. Beau Jo’s Colorado Style Pizza.
- Lamb. Lamb entree.
- Trout. Trout entree.
- Palisade Peaches. Palisade Peaches.
- Bison. Bison entree.
- Olathe Sweet Corn.
- Colorado Style Green Chili (Chilli Verde)