- 1 How many days do you need on each Hawaiian island?
- 2 Is 4 days in Hawaii enough?
- 3 What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
- 4 How much is 7 days in Hawaii?
- 5 Where should I stay in Hawaii for the first time?
- 6 Should I go to Maui or Oahu first?
- 7 Is Hawaii worth going to?
- 8 What is the peak tourist season in Hawaii?
- 9 How long should we stay in Hawaii?
- 10 When should you not go to Hawaii?
- 11 What should I avoid in Hawaii?
- 12 How far in advance should I book flight to Hawaii?
- 13 How much does it cost to go to Hawaii for 2 weeks?
- 14 What food can you not bring to Hawaii?
- 15 What is the best time of year to visit Hawaii?
How many days do you need on each Hawaiian island?
If you want a quick rule of thumb, to see and experience the major highlights of each island, you’re going to need at least four days for Molokai and Lanai and five days minimum for Oahu, Maui, Kauai and Hawaii’s Big Island. Day trips can be your friend when time is the enemy.
Is 4 days in Hawaii enough?
So, as you might imagine, it’s tough to condense it down into merely 4 days on Oahu. However, 4 days is certainly enough to get the best out of a trip to Oahu. Limiting your time to 4 days in Oahu can give many travelers extra time to explore Maui and the gorgeous Haleakala National Park or the big island of Hawaii.
What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
Best Time of Year to Visit Hawaii for Low Prices Flights to Hawaii are generally at their most expensive from mid-December through mid-April. In 2019, Skyscanner estimated that flights would be cheapest in January and September and most expensive in June and December.
How much is 7 days in Hawaii?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Hawaii is $2,023 for a solo traveler, $2,986 for a couple, and $4,371 for a family of 4. Hawaii hotels range from $96 to $433 per night with an average of $177, while most vacation rentals will cost $270 to $810 per night for the entire home.
Where should I stay in Hawaii for the first time?
In our opinion, if this is your first time to Hawaii, the best island to visit is Maui. You can get a bit of everything on Maui: adventure, great snorkeling, good hiking, lush jungle experiences, beautiful beaches, excellent food, and great places to stay.
Should I go to Maui or Oahu first?
Maui vs Oahu: Oahu is right for you if you want more of a cosmopolitan vacation, enjoy the nightlife, are excited about historical and cultural activities, or want to travel on a budget. Maui is right for you if you’re looking for a romantic island, great snorkeling, a relaxing vacation, or more outdoor activities.
Is Hawaii worth going to?
If you’re willing to hop in your car in the morning and do lots of exploring and really want to see some incredible things you can’t see anywhere else in the world, then Hawaii is definitely worth it!
What is the peak tourist season in Hawaii?
The peak tourism season in Hawaii typically starts in the middle of December and continues until the end of March or mid-April. The off-season stretches from the middle of April and continues until mid-June, and resumes again from September until crowds tick up before the holidays.
How long should we stay in Hawaii?
While many vacations are five to seven days long, we recommend staying for at least 10 days to enjoy your Hawaiian vacation. The time change is difficult to adjust to at first and takes about 3 days to get fully acclimated. So, allowing a couple days to get over the jet lag is important.
When should you not go to Hawaii?
Hawaii’s Weather When it’s raining on one side of an island in Hawaii, though, the sun is usually shining on another, a short drive away. However, if the priority is to avoid heavy downpours in traditionally fun-in-the-sun locations such as Waikiki, Poipu, Kona and Kihei, the worst time to go is November through April.
What should I avoid in Hawaii?
Things you should never do in Hawaii
- Don’t touch the turtles in Hawaii.
- Don’t touch the dolphins and monk seals.
- Don’t touch the coral in Hawaii.
- Don’t wear sunscreen that isn’t reef-safe.
- Don’t call everyone “Hawaiian” in Hawaii.
- Don’t underestimate the power of the sun in Hawaii.
- Don’t skip the car rental in Hawaii.
How far in advance should I book flight to Hawaii?
On average, the best time to buy your ticket to Hawaii is between 21 and 121 days before departure, with the period between 40 and 50 days often mentioned as a golden rule.
How much does it cost to go to Hawaii for 2 weeks?
A vacation to Hawaii for one week usually costs around $1,880 for one person. So, a trip to Hawaii for two people costs around $3,760 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $7,521 in Hawaii.
What food can you not bring to Hawaii?
RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED ITEMS:
- Pineapple and bromeliad plants and fruits.
- Passion fruit plants and seeds.
- Cruciferous root vegetables (radish, turnip, daikon, horseradish, rutabaga)
- Corn on the cob.
- Citrus and pulpy fruits from Florida & Puerto Rico.
- Taro and dasheen.
What is the best time of year to visit Hawaii?
The best time to visit Hawaii is between March and September. This is when the islands see the highest temperatures and the lowest amount of rain. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the beach or the water.