- 1 What should I pack for my Hawaiian vacation?
- 2 What should I pack for a 7 day trip to Hawaii?
- 3 What should I pack for 10 days in Hawaii?
- 4 What can you not bring to Hawaii?
- 5 How do I not look like a tourist in Hawaii?
- 6 What do ladies wear in Hawaii?
- 7 Are mosquitoes bad in Hawaii?
- 8 Do you need bug spray in Hawaii?
- 9 How much should I budget for food per day in Hawaii?
- 10 Should I pack a beach towel for Hawaii?
- 11 What sunscreen was banned in Hawaii?
- 12 Can you wear jeans in Hawaii?
- 13 Should I pack food for Hawaii?
- 14 Which is the safest island in Hawaii?
What should I pack for my Hawaiian vacation?
Here are among the top 9 things to pack for Hawaii to REALLY consider bringing on your Hawaii vacation!
- Reef-safe sunscreen. To be a bit dramatic…
- Swim shirts with UV protection.
- Tech t-shirt.
- Water shoes.
- Hiking sandals.
- Snorkel mask or swimming goggles.
- Waterproof phone case.
- Portable phone charger.
What should I pack for a 7 day trip to Hawaii?
What to Pack for Hawaii
- GoPro HERO. If there was one thing I wish I’d had for my first visit to Hawaii, it was a GoPro!
- Sunglasses. Whatever you do, don’t forget your sunglasses when packing for Maui!
- Keen Shoes.
- Rash Guard.
- Floppy Straw Hat.
- Packable Cooler.
- Reef Flip Flops.
- Quick-Dry Water Shoes.
What should I pack for 10 days in Hawaii?
Sunscreen, sunglasses, a brimmed hat and lip balm with SPF are essentials. Bring insect repellent too; Hawaii can be buggy. Don’t bother bringing a beach towel, but do pack a small beach bag and a few zip-close plastic bags to protect your phone and other gadgets from sand.
What can you not bring to Hawaii?
As a wise Go Visit Hawaii reader, you know that it’s important to pack light. Lighten your load and leave these items at home.
- Fancy evening wear.
- Dressy shoes.
- Snorkel gear.
- Sun lotion of SPF 4.
- Snake repellant.
How do I not look like a tourist in Hawaii?
To avoid tourist traps and car break-ins, keep these key things in mind.
- There is Such a Thing as Beach Etiquette.
- Ditch the Digital Devices.
- Get Rid of Your Tan Lines.
- Don’t Lock Your Car Doors.
- Smile at Strangers.
- Slow Down.
- Strip Down.
- Take Your Shoes Off Indoors.
What do ladies wear in Hawaii?
Ladies: Slacks and blouse or dress shorts, casual dresses/ maxi dresses, skirts or Aloha evening wear, etc. Flights – Dress comfortably and bring a jacket or sweater (air- conditioning). Gentlemen: Slacks, Dress shorts, polo/knit/dress shirt, or Aloha attire.
Are mosquitoes bad in Hawaii?
OK, OK, mosquitoes do exist in Hawaii, but compared with many other tropical destinations, mosquitoes are amazingly absent here. While you may get bites while hiking near a river or when the trade winds die down, Hawaii’s strong breezes make beach-side, sunset enjoyment largely hassle-free.
Do you need bug spray in Hawaii?
NOTE: Visitors to the Big Island are encouraged to bring their own mosquito repellent with them, as occasional shortages have been reported on the island. Wear light-colored long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and shoes and socks to limit exposure to mosquitoes.
How much should I budget for food per day in Hawaii?
While meal prices in Hawaii can vary, the average cost of food in Hawaii is $61 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Hawaii should cost around $24 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Should I pack a beach towel for Hawaii?
Beach Towel You definitely need to bring a beach towel on your Hawaii vacation, but not just any old towel will do! When packing for Hawaii, you’ll want to bring a sand-resistant beach towel or blanket to lounge around on. Leave all other bulky towels at home!
What sunscreen was banned in Hawaii?
David Ige signed Senate Bill 2571 into law, making Hawaii the first place in the world to ban “the sale, offer of sale, and distribution of sunscreens that contain the chemicals oxybenzone and octinoxate ” after many studies showed that those two chemicals cause genetic damage to marine life, including coral reefs.
Can you wear jeans in Hawaii?
In Hawaii, casual wear is typical for much of the day. Go for casual t-shirts and shorts for the daytime hours in Hawaii. If you’re not a fan of shorts, jeans, leggings, or capris can also be acceptable attire.
Should I pack food for Hawaii?
Should you pack food for your Hawaii vacation? If you have dietary restrictions, definitely pack any specific food you like to eat that you might not be able to find easily in Hawaii. And if you plan on cooking a lot, bring your own spices, pantry staples, and anything where you just need part of the package.
Which is the safest island in Hawaii?
If we look at the 10-year property crime average the Big Island comes in as the safest of the islands again:
- Big Island: 2,942.
- Oahu: 3,193.
- Kauai: 3,311.
- Maui: 3,762.