- 1 How do I find timeshare presentations?
- 2 Can you really get out of a timeshare?
- 3 What happens if you don’t attend a timeshare presentation?
- 4 What is timeshare presentation?
- 5 How much does a timeshare cost?
- 6 What timeshare company is the best?
- 7 Can you refuse to inherit a timeshare?
- 8 What happens if I stop paying my timeshare?
- 9 What is the best way to get out of a timeshare?
- 10 How can I get a free vacation?
- 11 Do heirs have to accept a timeshare?
- 12 How much do timeshare salesmen make?
- 13 What should I bring to a timeshare?
- 14 How do you survive a timeshare presentation?
- 15 Do you have to attend timeshare presentation?
There are also timeshare sales offices in some resort areas where you can sign up for a presentation. Online, you can browse websites like VacationPeople.com that provide information about vacation packages offered as timeshare presentation deals. When all else fails, you can try calling a timeshare company directly.
Yes! And you’ll be happy you did. While you’re likely to pay a few thousand dollars to get out of your timeshare contracts, you’ll recoup your costs and save money in the long run.
If you don’t bring your spouse, skip the presentation or fail to follow through with other terms of your pre-booking agreement, you won’t get the gift or vacation deal, and you’ ll have to pay the full price for your accommodations.
What Is a Timeshare Presentation? Also known as a discovery tour, a timeshare presentation is an opportunity to explore vacation ownership, and speak one-on-one with an industry representative. There’s definite benefits to attending a timeshare presentation, but it does require some planning.
The average cost of a timeshare is $22,942 per interval, according to 2019 data from the American Resort Development Association (ARDA). Annual maintenance runs $1,000, on average, but can vary based on the size of the timeshare, ARDA reports.
Wyndham Destinations is considered one of the best timeshare companies because of its expansive portfolio across the world. There are several clubs under Wyndham Destinations, including Club Wyndham, Margaritaville Vacation Club, WorldMark by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, and more.
If you are either left a timeshare in a will or are the legal heir of someone who owned a timeshare and died without a will, you may choose to refuse to accept your inheritance. In legal terms, this is generally called “ renunciation of property.”
If you stop paying on your timeshare loan, you face foreclosure. Foreclosure is the process whereby the lender files to take possession of the property and sell it at auction to recover the money you owe. Your contract authorizes the trustee to sell the timeshare in the event you stop paying on it.
How to Get Out of a Timeshare
- Check Your Timeshare Contract. Many timeshare contracts contain a retraction or rescission period.
- See if the Company Will Buy it Back.
- See if the Company Will Take it Back for Free.
- Sell Your Timeshare.
- Give Your Timeshare Away.
- You’re Stuck With One Company.
- You May Not Use It.
- They Cost a LOT.
How can I get a free vacation?
Travel Tips to See the World for Free
- Work Abroad in Expat-Friendly Industries.
- Look for Work Exchanges.
- Volunteer Long-Term With the Peace Corps.
- Volunteer With Short-Term Volunteer Organizations.
- Organize Your Own Volunteer Trip.
- House-Sit or Pet-Sit.
- Swap Houses.
- Travel to ‘The Old Country’ for Free.
If you die owning a timeshare, it does become part of your estate and obligations are indeed passed onto the next-of-kin or the estate’s beneficiaries. However, they do not have to accept it, in the same way that anyone has the right to refuse any part of an inheritance.
The annual income for a timeshare sales rep is generally between $70,000 USD and $120,000 USD. A new timeshare sales rep is expected to make around 2-3 sales per ten clients that they come in contact with, which means at least 2-3 sales each week.
Often, timeshares or rental cottages come with the basics – plates, glasses, a few basic cooking items, and furniture. However, things like bed linens, towels, toiletries – things that you might not think of – are sometimes not included, and if you don’t plan ahead that can cause a real kink in your plans.
Tips on How to Survive a Timeshare Presentation
- Go in prepared.
- Remember that you’re in a sales pitch.
- Silence is your strength.
- Be on guard for the angle.
- Decide on a secret reason against buying and never disclose it.
- If you really want a timeshare, don’t buy at the pitch.
In exchange for the deal, you are required to attend a timeshare presentation. In most cases, you must attend a 90-minute sales pitch, and sometimes take a tour of the timeshare resort as well. It is also important to note that not everyone is eligible for the timeshare package.