- 1 How do you plan a family reunion for the first time?
- 2 What is the average cost of a family reunion?
- 3 How long should a family reunion last?
- 4 Where is a good place to have a family reunion?
- 5 What should you not do at a family reunion?
- 6 What are some fun things to do at a family reunion?
- 7 Who pays for a family reunion?
- 8 What makes a successful family reunion?
- 9 How do you plan a family reunion on a budget?
- 10 How do you make a family reunion special?
- 11 How do you survive a family reunion?
- 12 Who should be invited to a family reunion?
- 13 How often should you have a family reunion?
How do you plan a family reunion for the first time?
How to Plan a Family Reunion
- Consult the Family. Before you begin, consult with your family regarding any special requests or considerations such as preferred dates or venue locations.
- Choose a Date.
- Decide the Budget.
- Choose a Location.
- Send Invitations.
- Plan the Menu.
- Plan the Entertainment.
- Delegate Responsibilities.
What is the average cost of a family reunion?
The average cost person at most reunions is between $51-$99. This number does not include any dues, donations and fundraisers that might have occured prior to the family reunion.
How long should a family reunion last?
Reunions can last anywhere from an afternoon to three or more days. “A general rule is that the farther people must travel, the longer the reunion should last,” says Ninkovich. Few people will fly cross-country for afternoon tea. Small reunions average one day.
Where is a good place to have a family reunion?
15 Best Family Reunion Resorts, Places, & Venues – Everyone Will Love!
- Mohonk Mountain House.
- Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
- The Greenbrier.
- Westgate River Ranch Resort and Rodeo.
- RiverStone Resort & Spa.
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa.
- Wintergreen Resort.
- Omni Mount Washington Resort.
What should you not do at a family reunion?
10 Things Not to Do at a Family Reunion
- of 10. Family talks.
- of 10. Don’t come unprepared.
- of 10. Be friendly, but not too friendly.
- of 10. No one can help you more than family can.
- of 10. Have fun and participate.
- of 10. Leave your nasty attitude at home.
- of 10. Remember there are children around.
- of 10.
What are some fun things to do at a family reunion?
Not only are they fun for all ages, but they’re a great way to elicit lots of laughter and create lasting memories.
- Make a Family Album. Set up an area where people can gather between activities and meals to do crafts.
- The Banana game.
- Play Ball.
- Water Balloon Toss.
- Egg Race.
- Family Talent Show.
- Story Time.
- Scavenger Hunt.
Who pays for a family reunion?
As a general rule, each family is responsible for its own expenses, which is one reason to aim for a reunion on the lower end of the cost scale, so as to assure that as many members can make it as possible.
What makes a successful family reunion?
A successful family reunion should be accessible to as many members of the family as possible. That means making sure the event is affordable to relatives who may be at different ages and stages of life – young families just starting out, seniors on fixed incomes, and everyone in between.
How do you plan a family reunion on a budget?
Planning a Budget-Friendly Family Reunion
- Start Early.
- Create a Family Reunion Facebook Page.
- Talk Openly About the Budget.
- Make a Plan for Fundraising.
- Ask for a Deposit.
- Consider Offseason Dates.
- Ask for Group Rates on Hotel Rooms.
- Consider a Cruise Vacation.
How do you make a family reunion special?
7 Ways to Make Your Family Reunion Special
- Make you own decorations. Instead of spending money to decorate the venue, consider making your own!
- Play an Icebreaker.
- Create a Memory Board.
- Set up a Photo Booth.
- Compete in Unique Games.
- Plan a Food Bar.
- Start a New Tradition.
How do you survive a family reunion?
7 tips for surviving awkward family reunions
- Bring a ‘wingman’ For many people this will be a spouse, but a sibling, cousin, or grandmother will also work.
- Rehearse beforehand.
- Exercise humor liberally.
- Capture a few photographs.
- Make yourself useful.
- Spend time with the young ones.
- Plan an escape route.
Who should be invited to a family reunion?
If you have decided to stick with the immediate family including Great Grandparents and working down to the youngest generation remember to invite their spouses and make enough invitations for everyone. Inviting only the immediate family is usually preferred by first time family reunion planners.
How often should you have a family reunion?
Every two or more years gives everyone a chance to save for a great reunion vacation. Frequency is a serious consideration for the reunion organizer. One year passes quickly while two years may give you some extra breathing room.