- 1 What should I pack for a trip to Jamaica?
- 2 What can you not bring to Jamaica?
- 3 What should I pack for 4 days in Jamaica?
- 4 How much money should you take on vacation to Jamaica?
- 5 Is it safe to drink tap water in Jamaica?
- 6 How much cash should I bring to Jamaica all inclusive?
- 7 Why you should not go to Jamaica?
- 8 Is Jamaica Safe 2020?
- 9 Can you wear camouflage in Jamaica?
- 10 Do I have to declare prescription medication in Jamaica?
- 11 Do you need bug spray in Jamaica?
- 12 What can you bring back from Jamaica?
- 13 What is the cheapest month to go to Jamaica?
- 14 Is US money worth a lot in Jamaica?
- 15 How much money should you bring to an all inclusive resort?
What should I pack for a trip to Jamaica?
12 Essential travel items to bring to Jamaica
- Valid passport. Photo credit: Dmytro Surkov/Shutterstock.com.
- Plane ticket(s)/boarding pass.
- Contact number and address of your accommodation.
- Health / Life insurance cards.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel insurance for Jamaica.
- Cash and credit cards.
- A blue or black ink pen.
What can you not bring to Jamaica?
When leaving Jamaica, certain goods have restrictions or are forbidden from being carried out of the country. Forbidden items include illegal drugs, knives and deadly weapons, local currency, counterfeit currency and goods and pornographic or offensive material.
What should I pack for 4 days in Jamaica?
Here’s what to pack for Jamaica:
- 3-5 t-shirts or tank tops.
- 2-3 shorts, capris or skirts.
- 2 long pants or jeans.
- 1 long sleeve shirt.
- 1-2 sundresses.
- 1-2 nightlife outfits.
- 5-7 underwear.
- 5 pair of socks.
How much money should you take on vacation to Jamaica?
You should plan to spend around J$15,989 ($107) per day on your vacation in Jamaica, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, J$3,038 ($20) on meals for one day and J$1,673 ($11) on local transportation.
Is it safe to drink tap water in Jamaica?
Mostly, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink, but in more remote areas you may want to avoid drinking water straight out of the tap, unless it has been boiled, filtered or otherwise treated. Good to know: tap water at the Beaches and Sandals resorts in Jamaica is filtered by the resort.
How much cash should I bring to Jamaica all inclusive?
Do not bring more than the recommended amount as any amounts over US$10,000 will have to be declared with the TSA (airport security control personnel). Overall, once you have booked an all-inclusive accommodation, there really is no need to travel with excessive amounts of cash.
Why you should not go to Jamaica?
Jamaica also has a bad reputation when it comes to crime, however. There are gangs trafficking drugs across the country, and – especially in certain parts of its cities – violence and gun crime are rife. Tourists aren’t exempt: petty theft and robberies aren’t rare. 5
Is Jamaica Safe 2020?
Do not travel to Jamaica due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.
Can you wear camouflage in Jamaica?
The Parliament in Jamaica has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing except for uniforms worn by the police. They don’t want civilians mistake for police officers. So if you are going to the Caribbean, you are wise to leave the camo at home.
Do I have to declare prescription medication in Jamaica?
Travellers to Jamaica may bring regular prescriptions to Jamaica for use during their stay in Jamaica provided that: The person brings a copy of all prescriptions clearly stating name, the quantity, strength and dosage and that all the prescription drugs are in the original containers and clearly labelled.
Do you need bug spray in Jamaica?
Most resorts, villas and upscale hotels provide some complimentary toiletries, such as shampoo and conditioner, but you’ll need to bring your own toothpaste and toothbrush. Pack sunblock, bug spray and anti-itch cream to protect against the sun and Jamaica’s vicious sand fleas and mosquitoes.
What can you bring back from Jamaica?
Here are our selections for memorable souvenirs:
- Art. Wood carvings, oil paintings and more can be found throughout the island.
- Music. Thanks to Bob Marley, Jamaica is known worldwide for its music.
- Beef patties.
- Cooking essentials.
What is the cheapest month to go to Jamaica?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Jamaica is August.
Is US money worth a lot in Jamaica?
US dollars are widely accepted on the island but you will pretty much always pay more than if you paid in Jamaican dollars. The exchange rate while we were in Jamaica was about ~J$117 to US$1. 6.
How much money should you bring to an all inclusive resort?
For a one-week stay at an all-inclusive resort, a couple should budget to spend about $150 US (or the local currency equivalent) total in tips. This means that you should bring about $20 in small bills with you to spend on tips throughout the day.