- 1 What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
- 2 What is the best month to go to Hawaii?
- 3 When should you not go to Hawaii?
- 4 What are the worst months to go to Hawaii?
- 5 How many days in Hawaii is enough?
- 6 What should I avoid in Hawaii?
- 7 What month is hurricane season in Hawaii?
- 8 How much does the average trip to Hawaii cost?
- 9 Which Hawaiian island is the cheapest to visit?
- 10 How much should I budget for food in Hawaii?
- 11 Is Maui or Oahu better for families?
- 12 What is the off season in Hawaii?
- 13 What is the prettiest beach in Hawaii?
- 14 What should you not miss when visiting Hawaii?
- 15 How much does it cost to fly between islands in Hawaii?
What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
Best Time of Year to Visit Hawaii for Low Prices Flights to Hawaii are generally at their most expensive from mid-December through mid-April. In 2019, Skyscanner estimated that flights would be cheapest in January and September and most expensive in June and December.
What is the best month to go to Hawaii?
The best time to visit Hawaii is between March and September. This is when the islands see the highest temperatures and the lowest amount of rain. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the beach or the water.
When should you not go to Hawaii?
Hawaii’s Weather When it’s raining on one side of an island in Hawaii, though, the sun is usually shining on another, a short drive away. However, if the priority is to avoid heavy downpours in traditionally fun-in-the-sun locations such as Waikiki, Poipu, Kona and Kihei, the worst time to go is November through April.
What are the worst months to go to Hawaii?
High season in Hawaii begins just before the Holiday Season in December and runs through Easter weekend. During this time, hotels and condos usually do away with reduced rates and other special room rates. The two weeks around Christmas and New Year’s are the most expensive times to travel to Hawaii.
How many days in Hawaii is enough?
While many vacations are five to seven days long, we recommend staying for at least 10 days to enjoy your Hawaiian vacation. The time change is difficult to adjust to at first and takes about 3 days to get fully acclimated. So, allowing a couple days to get over the jet lag is important.
What should I avoid in Hawaii?
Things you should never do in Hawaii
- Don’t touch the turtles in Hawaii.
- Don’t touch the dolphins and monk seals.
- Don’t touch the coral in Hawaii.
- Don’t wear sunscreen that isn’t reef-safe.
- Don’t call everyone “Hawaiian” in Hawaii.
- Don’t underestimate the power of the sun in Hawaii.
- Don’t skip the car rental in Hawaii.
What month is hurricane season in Hawaii?
The middle of the summer will be warmer but is also typically the driest. Hurricane season runs from June through November as well, but storms are historically rare events. Ultimately, all factors considered – the best month for a destination wedding in Hawaii is in May.
How much does the average trip to Hawaii cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Hawaii is $2,023 for a solo traveler, $2,986 for a couple, and $4,371 for a family of 4. Hawaii hotels range from $96 to $433 per night with an average of $177, while most vacation rentals will cost $270 to $810 per night for the entire home.
Which Hawaiian island is the cheapest to visit?
Oahu is the cheapest Hawaiian island to visit, with a total cost of $2,625. A Ko Olina Resort lagoon on Oahu. Maui is the most expensive island to visit, coming in nearly $1,000 more expensive, with a total cost of $3,600.
How much should I budget for food in Hawaii?
Although the following figures are average estimates on what you might spend on necessities and fun in Hawaii, they may help you when planning your vacation budget: Breakfast and lunch: $8 to $16 per person. Dinner: $14 to $25 per person. Gourmet meal: $25 to $55 per person.
Is Maui or Oahu better for families?
Oahu definitely is the winner for more kid-friendly attractions and tours. Plus, it’s home to Disney’s Aulani Resort. However, Maui has a more laid back vibe, tons of kid-friendly resorts, and awesome snorkeling.
What is the off season in Hawaii?
The off-season stretches from the middle of April and continues until mid-June, and resumes again from September until crowds tick up before the holidays. July and August, while not considered Hawaii’s busy season, still tend to draw decent crowds — and are especially popular with vacationing families.
What is the prettiest beach in Hawaii?
Here are some of Travel + Leisure’s favorite beaches where you can get a slice of that true Hawaiian paradise.
- Waikiki Beach, Oahu. Waikiki.
- Ko Olina Beach, Oahu. Ko’Olina Oahu.
- Waimea Bay Beach Park, Oahu.
- Polihale State Park, Kauai.
- Hanalei Bay, Kauai.
- Poipu Beach Park, Kauai.
- Kalapaki Beach, Kauai.
- Kalihiwai Beach, Kauai.
What should you not miss when visiting Hawaii?
Visit a black sand beach and explore the current activity at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Go whale watching in Maui.
- Circle the island on a tour of Oahu.
- Discover the history of Pearl Harbor.
- Dive in at Molokini.
- Take to the skies in a helicopter tour.
- Travel the road to Hana.
How much does it cost to fly between islands in Hawaii?
Hawaii inter-island: Using Honolulu to Maui or Kauai as example routes, fares during most travel times typically range from $118 (this week’s sale) to as much as $239 round trip. Based on a distance of 100 miles even, that comes out to between $0.59 and $1.19 per mile.