- 1 Which part of Jamaica is the best?
- 2 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 3 What places to avoid in Jamaica?
- 4 What’s better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
- 6 Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
- 7 Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
- 8 What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
- 9 Is there a black sand beach in Jamaica?
- 10 Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
- 11 What can you not eat in Jamaica?
- 12 Are resorts in Jamaica safe?
- 13 Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
- 14 Is Ocho Rios expensive?
- 15 What is the most beautiful part of Jamaica?
Which part of Jamaica is the best?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
What places to avoid in Jamaica?
Be vigilant in these areas – In Kingston: West Kingston Grant’s Pen, August Town, Harbour View, Spanish Town. In Montego Bay: Flankers, Barrett Town, Norwood, Glendevon, Rose Heights, Mount Salem. These are definitely places to avoid in Jamaica. 5
What’s better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
Conclusion: Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.
Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools, and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
Both Jamaica and the Bahamas offer a good variety of water sports activities, beaches, and nightlife, but if you’re more into cultural activities, Jamaica is the solid winner. Bahamas feels more like a resort island that’s a paradise built for tourists.
Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
Doctor’s Cave Beach Doctor’s Cave beach is Jamaica’s oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.
What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
The best time to go to Jamaica is November until mid-December, when resort and flight deals are great and peak season hasn’t arrived yet. If you don’t mind the crowds, your best bet is to visit Jamaica from mid-December until April, when the weather is optimal for a beach vacation.
Is there a black sand beach in Jamaica?
Hellshire Beach The popular Hellshire Beach near the capital of Kingston is a favorite among locals and vacationers. The beach has black sand in areas and is outlined by the Blue Mountains in the distance and crystal-clear, blue Jamaican water.
Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
Mostly, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink, but in more remote areas you may want to avoid drinking water straight out of the tap, unless it has been boiled, filtered or otherwise treated. Good to know: tap water at the Beaches and Sandals resorts in Jamaica is filtered by the resort.
What can you not eat in Jamaica?
10 foods eaten regularly in Jamaica that can cause you serious
- #9- Apple/ Cherry.
- #8- Milk/Cheese/Dairy.
- #7- Toast Bread.
- #6- Coffee.
- #5- Cassava.
- #4- Potato.
- #3- Ackee.
- #2- Fish.
Are resorts in Jamaica safe?
Crime against tourists is relatively low, but it does happen. There have even been reported cases of sexual assault at all-inclusive resorts. Always remain aware of your surroundings, leave your valuables at home or in the hotel safe, trust your intuition. Your safety in Jamaica should always be a top priority.
Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
Ocho Rios is one of the relatively safer parts of Jamaica. Even so, take extra care to avoid crime when traveling to Ocho Rios. Don’t walk or drive at night, stay off public buses, and avoid secluded areas or traveling alone.
Is Ocho Rios expensive?
A vacation to Ocho Rios for one week usually costs around J$66,368 for one person. So, a trip to Ocho Rios for two people costs around J$132,736 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs J$265,473 in Ocho Rios.
What is the most beautiful part of Jamaica?
Here Are 6 of the Most Beautiful Places in Jamaica
- Rockhouse Hotel. Our sister hotel, Rockhouse, sits perched on the rocky cliffs above the turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
- Jamaica Giants Sculpture Park and Art Gallery.
- Bamboo Avenue.
- YS Falls.
- Don’t Forget to Go Underwater.
- Skylark Negril Beach Resort.