- 1 Where should you not stay in Puerto Rico?
- 2 What is the most beautiful part of Puerto Rico?
- 3 Which part of Puerto Rico should I visit?
- 4 How many days do I need in Puerto Rico?
- 5 Is Puerto Rico OK to visit now?
- 6 Can you walk from Condado to Old San Juan?
- 7 Is Puerto Rico expensive?
- 8 What are three tourist attractions in Puerto Rico?
- 9 Which side of Puerto Rico has the best beaches?
- 10 What food is Puerto Rico famous for?
- 11 Which is better Condado or Isla Verde?
- 12 Is it better to stay in Old San Juan or Condado?
- 13 What is the coldest month in Puerto Rico?
Where should you not stay in Puerto Rico?
Other spots to avoid at night are the neighborhoods of La Perla (next to Old City) and parts of Puerta de Tierra. Stick to the neighborhoods of Old San Juan, Isla Verde, Miramar and Condado at night, where there are regular police patrols. Should you have an emergency, call 911 as you would in the US.
What is the most beautiful part of Puerto Rico?
The Most Beautiful Destinations in Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan. Cathedral.
- Playa Flamenco. Natural Feature.
- El Yunque National Park. Forest, Park.
- Mosquito Bioluminescent Bay. Natural Feature.
- Rincón. Natural Feature, Architectural Landmark.
- Isla Desecheo. Natural Feature.
- Río Camuy Cave Park.
Which part of Puerto Rico should I visit?
If you’re worried about safety in Puerto Rico then you might feel wary about San Juan, but you’ll be fine if you stick to the main tourist routes. We do advise caution and common sense – as with any major city. For travelers, we recommend sticking to Old San Juan, Isla Verde, and El Condado.
How many days do I need in Puerto Rico?
We recommend spending 4 to 5 days in Puerto Rico. While the island is quite small (about the size of Connecticut) there’s lots to see, do and eat!
Is Puerto Rico OK to visit now?
Generally— yes! This island destination is full of adventure, beauty, and fun. Locals tell us that as long as travelers are aware of a few safety precautions, they should be fine traveling to Puerto Rico.
Can you walk from Condado to Old San Juan?
Well Old San Juan: If you wish to walk is a long distance walk. But you can take a cab or ask the Condado Vanderbilt staff if there is a bus that take the guests to Old San Juan. Also you can walk all the Condado and go through and will see the area to take the sun and go swiming.
Is Puerto Rico expensive?
That being said, Puerto Rico is still more expensive than the majority of countries around the world and is one of the most expensive areas in Latin America, so don’t expect things to be as cheap as they would be in Thailand or Vietnam.
What are three tourist attractions in Puerto Rico?
10 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan (San Juan Viejo)
- El Yunque National Forest.
- Culebra Island (Isla Culebra)
- Vieques and Bioluminescent Bay.
- Surfing and Whale Watching at Rincon.
- Luquillo Beach.
- Rio Camuy Caves (Parque de las Cavernas del Río Camuy)
- Ponce’s Historic City Center.
Which side of Puerto Rico has the best beaches?
Puerto Rico’s northwest coast is generally regarded as one of the best surf spots on the globe, especially in winter, when waves can be as high as 20 feet. Rincón is the capital of the island’s surfing scene, with famed beaches including Puntas, Domes, Tres Palmas, and Steps.
What food is Puerto Rico famous for?
Here are the Puerto Rican foods you won’t want to miss:
- Tostones. PIN IT.
- Arroz Con Gandules. Arroz con gandules is actually considered the island’s national dish.
- Alcapurrias. Made with yucca and plantains, alcapurrias are fritters filled with ground beef.
- Empanadillas. PIN IT.
- Rellenos de Papa.
Which is better Condado or Isla Verde?
Isla Verde is an absolutely pristine beach, more so than the beach in Condado. All of the hotels in this area have fine dining options and although there are some restaurants and convenience stores on the Main Street, the local area is not as densely walkable as Condado.
Is it better to stay in Old San Juan or Condado?
For Puerto Rico, I always recommend a few nights in Old San Juan and then a few nights on the beach. The area of Condado is a great and close option to the airport where there is a stunning beach and you’re close to other water activities. You could also consider staying in the Isla Verde area.
What is the coldest month in Puerto Rico?
The coldest month is January with an average low of 70 °F (21 °C) and an average high of 83 °F (28 °C). Puerto Rico enjoys warm, sunny and humid days most of the year. There is no winter, spring or fall, only summertime.