- 1 Which is the best Greek island to go to?
- 2 Which part of Greece should I visit?
- 3 Where is the nicest place in Greece?
- 4 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 5 Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
- 6 How many days are enough in Greece?
- 7 What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 8 Is Santorini expensive?
- 9 What’s the best time to visit Greece?
- 10 What is the safest place in Greece?
- 11 Where is the clearest water in Greece?
- 12 Which island is better Crete or Santorini?
- 13 Are there sharks in Greece beaches?
Which is the best Greek island to go to?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sites, hikes, traditional villages, small cities, and great tours.
Which part of Greece should I visit?
Greece is the best vacation destination in Europe. All Greek Islands are unique, wonderful, and worth visiting. But my favorites (especially for first timers) are Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, and Crete. If you can only go to one island then visit Crete or Santorini (they have the most to see and do).
Where is the nicest place in Greece?
15 Best places to visit in Greece
- Santorini. Located in the Aegean Sea, the Santorini archipelago is a destination for travellers from all over the world.
- Navagio Beach.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
Is Greece an expensive place to visit?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
How many days are enough in Greece?
We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
Cheap Greek Islands to Visit
Is Santorini expensive?
And alas, Santorini (as with many Greek islands) is an expensive island to live on. One big consideration is that many prime living areas are taken up with hotels and holiday rentals. So finding accommodation for all year round can become pricey. It also very much becomes about who you know.
What’s the best time to visit Greece?
Greece is known for glorious summer weather, blazing sunshine and clear blue skies from May to September. This is typically the best time to visit Greece – the country is full of life and temperatures reach the late 30s. It’s also peak season, though, so many tourists descend on the small island.
What is the safest place in Greece?
Where are the safest cities in Greece? Greece is one of the safest countries for tourists to visit, and Athens is one of the safest cities in the world. Mykonos and Santorini both are safe islands. Whatever you may have been reading does not apply to any of the three places you are considering for your visit in May.
Where is the clearest water in Greece?
1. Elafonissi Beach, Crete. Among the most beautiful beaches on Crete, Elafonissi dazzles visitors with its soft pink-sand shoreline and crystal-clear turquoise lagoon waters.
Which island is better Crete or Santorini?
Crete has more small traditional (non-touristy) villages. Santorini is more romantic and better suited to a honeymoon. Santorini has better and more unique luxury hotels. Both Santorini and Crete have a longer tourism season than most Greek islands.
Are there sharks in Greece beaches?
However, those who are scared of sharks — and fans of swimming in Greece’s stunning waters — will be glad to know that most sharks in the Mediterranean Sea are harmless and sightings are quite rare. Those sharks seen in the Aegean sea are usually from species such as dogfish, basking sharks, and thresher sharks.