- 1 Is it expensive to vacation in Greece?
- 2 How much would a week in Greece cost?
- 3 Is Greece an affordable vacation?
- 4 How can I afford a trip to Greece?
- 5 How many days are enough in Greece?
- 6 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 8 What is the best month to visit Greece?
- 9 Is Santorini expensive to visit?
- 10 Is Greece safe for American tourists?
- 11 What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 12 What language is spoken in Greece?
- 13 How do I plan a trip to Greece?
- 14 Is Crete expensive to visit?
Is it expensive to vacation in Greece?
Many people think that the cost of a trip to Greece is very expensive, mainly because of all the beachside resorts and luxury yachts that pop up on Instagram. The truth is, Greece is actually very affordable, especially compared to other European countries.
How much would a week in Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Is Greece an affordable vacation?
“Compared to many other European countries popular with travelers, Greece is affordable, and it’s possible to have a very upscale vacation here without blowing the bank,” he said. Instead, hit the country’s lesser known and more affordable gems such as the islands of Paros and Naxos or a city like Thessaloniki.
How can I afford a trip to Greece?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
How many days are enough in Greece?
We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
Do people speak English in Greece?
Although the official language in Greece and Athens is Greek, English is also widely spoken, so you shouldn’t experience any problems when visiting the city. English is very widely spoken in Greece, especially in the most touristy parts of the city.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Greece is October.
What is the best month to visit Greece?
Greece is known for glorious summer weather, blazing sunshine and clear blue skies from May to September. This is typically the best time to visit Greece – the country is full of life and temperatures reach the late 30s. It’s also peak season, though, so many tourists descend on the small island.
Is Santorini expensive to visit?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Is Greece safe for American tourists?
Warnings & Dangers in Greece Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
What’s the cheapest Greek island to visit?
Cheap Greek Islands to Visit
What language is spoken in Greece?
How do I plan a trip to Greece?
- Step 1: Check to See if You Need a Visa.
- Book Your Tickets.
- Plan Your Greece Itinerary.
- Plan Your Activities.
- Budget Your Trip.
- Book Your Accommodations.
- Research Any Vaccinations You May Need.
- Step 8: Learn a Few Common Greek Words and Brush Up on the Greek Alphabet.
Is Crete expensive to visit?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($32) on meals for one day and €19 ($22) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Crete for a couple is €76 ($89). So, a trip to Crete for two people for one week costs on average €1,135 ($1,316).