- 1 Will Hilton take back my timeshare?
- 2 Can I get out of a Hilton Grand Vacation timeshare?
- 3 How do I get rid of my Hilton Grand Vacations Club?
- 4 Where is the best place to sell your timeshare?
- 5 Can you change your mind after buying a timeshare?
- 6 How do you write a letter to cancel a timeshare?
- 7 How do I value my timeshare?
- 8 How many Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs are there?
- 9 How do I cancel a timeshare within 5 days?
- 10 How can I legally get out of my timeshare?
- 11 Are there any legitimate timeshare resale companies?
- 12 Can I sell my timeshare back to the resort?
The resort that your timeshare is associated with has the right of first refusal (ROFR), which means they can step in as the buyer. If this happens, the Hilton will become the buyer of your timeshare and accept the terms of the contract.
The Hilton Grand Vacations Club does offer an exit program of its own. But like any developer exit program, it has specific criteria that owners must meet first to qualify. So in other words, even a paid-off timeshare is not quickly sold. And not many retain a substantial resale value.
How do I get rid of my Hilton Grand Vacations Club?
To cancel Hilton timeshare contract, you need to call the HGVC reservations phone number. The Hilton Club Counsellors usually assist people with their booking and trading concerns, but they can also help you for cancelling your reservation. If you want to cancel your reservations online, this option is also available.
SellMyTimeshareNOW.com is an active timeshare resale marketplace and the best place to sell a timeshare.
- More than $2.8 Billion in Timeshare Sales and Rental Offers – Delivered to timeshare owners just like you.
- No Hidden Fees – We’ll clearly explain all your options and answer any questions.
So, if you wish to cancel your resort timeshare purchase, you generally have a period of 5-15 days after purchase wherein you may legally rescind the contract. After the rescission period has expired, you can no longer cancel your purchase without penalty.
Write Your Timeshare Cancellation Letter
- Your name and contact information.
- The name of your timeshare company.
- The contract number.
- The names on the timeshare contract.
- The date of purchase.
- A statement of cancellation.
- The amount you paid, including a request that this amount be returned to you.
Your timeshare’s value is determined by the average asking price of similar timeshares being advertised for sale and rent on BuyaTimeshare.com at your particular resort. Values can vary by resort location, resort brand, season, unit size and more. Your ownership documents will have all of the information you need.
How many Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs are there?
There are around 56 Hilton Grand Vacations properties in the world.
How To Cancel Timeshare Within 5 Days
- Cancel a timeshare contract in writing. Though some resort developers may not require a written document, it is best to still follow the same to guarantee cancellation within 5 days.
- State carefully the reason for writing.
- Delivery of cancellation letter is also of importance.
Looking to Get Out of a Timeshare? Here’s How to Do It Legally
- Call the developer.
- Rent it out.
- Sell it on the resale market (expect to take a hit).
- Gift it to a friend, family member or stranger.
- Stop your payments (but expect consequences).
- Avoid scams.
Are There Any Legitimate Timeshare Resale Companies? YES. There are several legitimate timeshare resale companies. When you’re looking into selling your timeshare on the resale market, do your research.
The resort is not legally obligated to take a timeshare back from you. If you can’t find a willing owner to take over your unit, you’ll have to put your case to the property’s manager. Your other option is to try to give the property to someone else or sell it for whatever you can get.