- 1 Is it safe to vacation in Puerto Rico?
- 2 What is the best way to get around in Puerto Rico?
- 3 What is the best area of Puerto Rico to stay in?
- 4 How should I prepare for a trip to Puerto Rico?
- 5 Is Puerto Rico expensive?
- 6 How expensive is uber in Puerto Rico?
- 7 Can you walk from Condado to Old San Juan?
- 8 Can you walk to the beach from Old San Juan?
- 9 What is the best time of year to go to Puerto Rico?
- 10 Which is better Condado or Isla Verde?
- 11 Is it better to stay in Old San Juan or Condado?
- 12 Do I need my passport for Puerto Rico?
- 13 How can I go to Puerto Rico on a budget?
- 14 What should I be careful of in Puerto Rico?
Is it safe to vacation in Puerto Rico?
Yes, Puerto Rico is a safe place to visit, however there is a risk of natural disasters – such as earthquakes and hurricanes. The risk of theft should be your biggest concern here, so be careful with your belongings – don’t be flashy with jewelry, cash, phones or cameras.
What is the best way to get around in Puerto Rico?
The best way to get around Puerto Rico is by car. If you want to see more than the city in which you’re staying, you’ll need your own vehicle as intercity train service doesn’t exist and intercity bus service is time-consuming and uncomfortable.
What is the best area of Puerto Rico to stay in?
#1. Greater San Juan is beautiful, safe, vibrant, and in our opinion, one of the best places to visit in Puerto Rico. The neighborhood of Old San Juan, on the northmost tip of the city, is full of history: ancient forts, monuments, museums, and colorful historic houses.
How should I prepare for a trip to Puerto Rico?
10 helpful tips for traveling to Puerto Rico
- No passport needed.
- Brush up on your Spanish, if you want to.
- No need to exchange currency.
- Hunt for a bargain and explore at the same time.
- Buyer beware.
- Swim at your own risk.
- Don’t underestimate the sun.
- Soak in the culture.
Is Puerto Rico expensive?
That being said, Puerto Rico is still more expensive than the majority of countries around the world and is one of the most expensive areas in Latin America, so don’t expect things to be as cheap as they would be in Thailand or Vietnam.
How expensive is uber in Puerto Rico?
Uber in Puerto Rico is slightly less expensive than Uber in New York, but not quite as cheap as Uber in Mexico City. Most rides I took were from Ocean Park to Old San Juan and back again. These rides usually cost me about $5-6 USD. From Ocean Park to the airport, it cost me just over $6.
Can you walk from Condado to Old San Juan?
Well Old San Juan: If you wish to walk is a long distance walk. But you can take a cab or ask the Condado Vanderbilt staff if there is a bus that take the guests to Old San Juan. Also you can walk all the Condado and go through and will see the area to take the sun and go swiming.
Can you walk to the beach from Old San Juan?
This one might surprise those of you who aren’t familiar with Old San Juan, but it doesn’t have a beach. If you must get into the water while you’re in the old city, your best bet is to walk along the Paseo del Morro, where the water is calm beyond the San Juan Gate.
What is the best time of year to go to Puerto Rico?
The best time to visit Puerto Rico is from mid-April to June, right after the busy winter season and just before the rainy summer. Spring weather is also very pleasant, barely escaping the mid-80s on most days.
Which is better Condado or Isla Verde?
Isla Verde is an absolutely pristine beach, more so than the beach in Condado. All of the hotels in this area have fine dining options and although there are some restaurants and convenience stores on the Main Street, the local area is not as densely walkable as Condado.
Is it better to stay in Old San Juan or Condado?
For Puerto Rico, I always recommend a few nights in Old San Juan and then a few nights on the beach. The area of Condado is a great and close option to the airport where there is a stunning beach and you’re close to other water activities. You could also consider staying in the Isla Verde area.
Do I need my passport for Puerto Rico?
Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR’s) who travel directly between parts of the United States, which includes Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swains Island, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), without touching at a foreign port or place, are not required to
How can I go to Puerto Rico on a budget?
Want to Take a Cheap Trip to Puerto Rico? Use These 10 Tips.
- #1: Stay at Airbnbs or paradores (family-owned inns)
- #2: Know the free things to do.
- #3: Find cheaper flights in the off-peak season.
- #4: Find out where the locals eat (cheaper prices, even more delicious)
- #5: Design your own curated tour of the island.
What should I be careful of in Puerto Rico?
safety concerns In Puerto Rico. There are safety concerns, however. A recent change in administration turned violent, with demonstrations in Old San Juan. Like Mexico and some other Caribbean islands, there’s a high level of gun crime, drug trafficking and gang activity, and the homicide rate is relatively high.