- 1 What is the nicest city in Costa Rica?
- 2 Where is the safest place to vacation in Costa Rica?
- 3 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 4 Which side of Costa Rica is better to stay on?
- 5 Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
- 6 What are the disadvantages of living in Costa Rica?
- 7 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 8 Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
- 9 Are there crocodiles in the ocean in Costa Rica?
- 10 What is the best time of year to go to Costa Rica?
- 11 What part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
- 12 Where is the coolest place in Costa Rica?
- 13 Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia Costa Rica?
- 14 How long does it take to get from one side of Costa Rica to the other?
- 15 Is the water warm in Costa Rica?
What is the nicest city in Costa Rica?
The Best Places to Visit in Costa Rica
- Puerto Viejo. Located on the Caribbean coast near Panama, Puerto Viejo is popular with young people and backpackers because of its great beaches, surfing, and party atmosphere.
- Manuel Antonio.
- Poas Volcano.
Where is the safest place to vacation in Costa Rica?
Tamarindo, Puerto Viejo and Drake Bay are the safest areas in Costa Rica. You’ll hardly find any crime here apart from the typical pickpocketing.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
The Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature.
- Corcovado National Park. Natural Feature.
- The Guanacaste beaches. Natural Feature.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park.
- Manuel Antonio National Park. Park.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
- Santa Teresa.
Which side of Costa Rica is better to stay on?
Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
The preferred spots for celebrities are: Papagayo Gulf in Guanacaste, Santa Teresa and Mal País in the South Pacific, Mel Gibson’s estate is located in Playa Barrigona, Guanacaste, some have been spotted in the area of La Fortuna de San Carlos, the remote and secluded Osa Península is a perfect area, and others in
What are the disadvantages of living in Costa Rica?
Though many aspects of Costa Rican living are decidedly first-world, the roads are not among them. Potholes, dips and cracks mark the roads so severely that cars can be damaged driving over them. Locals drive quickly and dangerously, passing where it is not safe to do so and not respecting the right of way.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
4. Safest Beaches in Costa Rica: Where Can You Swim? With the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea pounding the other side, Costa Rica’s beaches are famous for having big waves and fast currents. These are perfect for surfing, but not so much for gentle, safe swimming.
Are there crocodiles in the ocean in Costa Rica?
Every year sightings of crocodiles swimming in the beaches are reported in Costa Rica, some of the beaches where this has happened include Tamarindo, Playas del Coco and Panama Beach in Guanacaste, Jaco, Doña Ana, Punta Leona, Esterillos, Manuel Antonio and Herradura in Puntarenas, among others.
What is the best time of year to go to Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.
What part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
Costa Rica’s 6 most stunning beaches
- Playa Conchal. The sparkling white stand of Playa Conchal, just north of Tamarindo, wraps around a turquoise bay that’s perfect for swimming or snorkeling.
- Manuel Antonio.
- Playa Flamingo.
- Punta Uva.
- Santa Teresa.
Where is the coolest place in Costa Rica?
Manuel Antonio is consistently listed as Costa Rica’s best wilderness beach. The undeveloped, jungle-surrounded beaches are stunning with white sand and blue-green water. Wildlife spotting is easy here, the monkeys and lizards often cover the beach and during mating season you can see dolphins and whales offshore.
Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia Costa Rica?
Although both airports (San Jose Intl & Liberia Intl Airport) have domestic flights, San Jose Intl (SJO) is the hub and it is much easier, cheaper & faster to travel from with domestic airlines. So if you are visiting the Caribbean, Pacific beaches in the south or the Central Valley, this is your hub.
How long does it take to get from one side of Costa Rica to the other?
The travel time can vary significantly between destinations, but a general rule of thumb is 30 mph (50 km/hour). Thus, if the distance between destinations is 125 miles (200 km), you should plan on it taking about four hours to get from one place to another.
Is the water warm in Costa Rica?
The water temperature fluctuates between 25-30 °C (77-86 °F) year-round. Costa Rica is a fantastic place to enjoy breathtaking beaches, explore diverse ecosystems, and see fascinating species that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.