- 1 What should I pack for a week in Hawaii?
- 2 How do you dress like a local Hawaiian?
- 3 What should I pack for a 7 day trip to Hawaii?
- 4 What should I pack for 14 days in Hawaii?
- 5 Can you wear jeans in Hawaii?
- 6 Are mosquitoes bad in Hawaii?
- 7 What do ladies wear in Hawaii?
- 8 How do Hawaiians really dress?
- 9 How do I not look like a tourist in Hawaii?
- 10 What can you not bring to Hawaii?
- 11 Do you need bug spray in Hawaii?
- 12 What do you wear to a luau in Hawaii?
- 13 What should I pack for 15 days in Hawaii?
- 14 What should I pack for 10 days in Hawaii?
- 15 Should I pack towels to Hawaii?
What should I pack for a week in Hawaii?
Here are among the top 9 things to pack for Hawaii to REALLY consider bringing on your Hawaii vacation!
- Reef-safe sunscreen. To be a bit dramatic…
- Swim shirts with UV protection.
- Tech t-shirt.
- Water shoes.
- Hiking sandals.
- Snorkel mask or swimming goggles.
- Waterproof phone case.
- Portable phone charger.
How do you dress like a local Hawaiian?
Fitting in: How to Dress like Hawaiians
- Skip the suits and high heels.
- Think loose, cotton and comfortable when picking out the clothing you will wear.
- Leave the socks at home.
- Bring swim shoes for snorkeling and beach activities.
- Pick up some Hawaiian print shirts.
- Choose light colored T-shirts.
- Go with sundresses.
What should I pack for a 7 day trip to Hawaii?
What to Pack for Hawaii
- GoPro HERO. If there was one thing I wish I’d had for my first visit to Hawaii, it was a GoPro!
- Sunglasses. Whatever you do, don’t forget your sunglasses when packing for Maui!
- Keen Shoes.
- Rash Guard.
- Floppy Straw Hat.
- Packable Cooler.
- Reef Flip Flops.
- Quick-Dry Water Shoes.
What should I pack for 14 days in Hawaii?
Hawaii packing list: the 10 essentials you need to bring
- Water shoes. This is the #1 thing I recommend for a beach vacation in Hawaii.
- Reef-safe sunblock.
- Sun hat.
- Reusable water bottles.
- Collapsable cooler.
- Towel with hidden zipper pocket.
- Waterproof phone case.
- Rash guard.
Can you wear jeans in Hawaii?
In Hawaii, casual wear is typical for much of the day. Go for casual t-shirts and shorts for the daytime hours in Hawaii. If you’re not a fan of shorts, jeans, leggings, or capris can also be acceptable attire.
Are mosquitoes bad in Hawaii?
OK, OK, mosquitoes do exist in Hawaii, but compared with many other tropical destinations, mosquitoes are amazingly absent here. While you may get bites while hiking near a river or when the trade winds die down, Hawaii’s strong breezes make beach-side, sunset enjoyment largely hassle-free.
What do ladies wear in Hawaii?
Ladies: Slacks and blouse or dress shorts, casual dresses/ maxi dresses, skirts or Aloha evening wear, etc. Flights – Dress comfortably and bring a jacket or sweater (air- conditioning). Gentlemen: Slacks, Dress shorts, polo/knit/dress shirt, or Aloha attire.
How do Hawaiians really dress?
Islanders themselves wear “Hawaiian” (aka “aloha”) shirts, board shorts, loose-fitting trousers and comfortable shoes, sandals or flip-flops. Women can wear similar attire and have the additional option of choosing a pretty sundress on a sunny day.
How do I not look like a tourist in Hawaii?
To avoid tourist traps and car break-ins, keep these key things in mind.
- There is Such a Thing as Beach Etiquette.
- Ditch the Digital Devices.
- Get Rid of Your Tan Lines.
- Don’t Lock Your Car Doors.
- Smile at Strangers.
- Slow Down.
- Strip Down.
- Take Your Shoes Off Indoors.
What can you not bring to Hawaii?
As a wise Go Visit Hawaii reader, you know that it’s important to pack light. Lighten your load and leave these items at home.
- Fancy evening wear.
- Dressy shoes.
- Snorkel gear.
- Sun lotion of SPF 4.
- Snake repellant.
Do you need bug spray in Hawaii?
NOTE: Visitors to the Big Island are encouraged to bring their own mosquito repellent with them, as occasional shortages have been reported on the island. Wear light-colored long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and shoes and socks to limit exposure to mosquitoes.
What do you wear to a luau in Hawaii?
Hawaiian print shirts for men and floral dresses for women are the easiest and most comfortable choices. When paired with khaki shorts or slacks, the aloha shirt goes from casual to dressy. For a conservative look, women can wear a traditional muʻumuʻu or long dress with floral print or a sarong.
What should I pack for 15 days in Hawaii?
What to Bring to Hawaii
- T-Shirts/Tank Tops.
- Tennis Shoes.
- Hiking Shoes/Boots, if desired for extreme hikes.
- A light jacket.
- A hat.
What should I pack for 10 days in Hawaii?
Sunscreen, sunglasses, a brimmed hat and lip balm with SPF are essentials. Bring insect repellent too; Hawaii can be buggy. Don’t bother bringing a beach towel, but do pack a small beach bag and a few zip-close plastic bags to protect your phone and other gadgets from sand.
Should I pack towels to Hawaii?
You definitely need to bring a beach towel on your Hawaii vacation, but not just any old towel will do! When packing for Hawaii, you’ll want to bring a sand-resistant beach towel or blanket to lounge around on.