- 1 Where is the safest place to vacation in Costa Rica?
- 2 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 3 What is the best part of Costa Rica?
- 4 Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
- 5 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 6 Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
- 7 What is the best time of year to go to Costa Rica?
- 8 Where is the coolest place in Costa Rica?
- 9 What is a popular food in Costa Rica?
- 10 Can you swim in the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica?
- 11 Is Costa Rica expensive?
- 12 Where can I see monkeys in Costa Rica?
- 13 Where is the clearest water in Costa Rica?
- 14 Can you swim in Costa Rica beaches?
- 15 Are there sharks in Costa Rica?
Where is the safest place to vacation in Costa Rica?
Tamarindo, Puerto Viejo and Drake Bay are the safest areas in Costa Rica. You’ll hardly find any crime here apart from the typical pickpocketing.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
The Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature.
- Corcovado National Park. Natural Feature.
- The Guanacaste beaches. Natural Feature.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park.
- Manuel Antonio National Park. Park.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
- Santa Teresa.
What is the best part of Costa Rica?
Top 10 Costa Rica Destinations
- Arenal Volcano National Park & La Fortuna.
- Corcovado National Park & Drake Bay.
- Tamarindo, Playa Langosta & Playa Grande.
- Manuel Antonio & Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve.
- Tortuguero National Park.
- Santa Teresa & Mal Pais.
Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
The preferred spots for celebrities are: Papagayo Gulf in Guanacaste, Santa Teresa and Mal País in the South Pacific, Mel Gibson’s estate is located in Playa Barrigona, Guanacaste, some have been spotted in the area of La Fortuna de San Carlos, the remote and secluded Osa Península is a perfect area, and others in
What is the best time of year to go to Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.
Where is the coolest place in Costa Rica?
Manuel Antonio is consistently listed as Costa Rica’s best wilderness beach. The undeveloped, jungle-surrounded beaches are stunning with white sand and blue-green water. Wildlife spotting is easy here, the monkeys and lizards often cover the beach and during mating season you can see dolphins and whales offshore.
What is a popular food in Costa Rica?
The Best of Costa Rican Cuisine: 10 Foods to Try in Costa Rica (With Recipes!)
- GALLO PINTO. Literally meaning “painted rooster,” Gallo pinto is a favorite rice-and-beans concoction that is commonly considered the national dish of Costa Rica.
- OLLA DE CARNE.
- SOPA NEGRA.
Can you swim in the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica?
4. Safest Beaches in Costa Rica: Where Can You Swim? With the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea pounding the other side, Costa Rica’s beaches are famous for having big waves and fast currents. These are perfect for surfing, but not so much for gentle, safe swimming.
Is Costa Rica expensive?
Costa Rica can be expensive. At least, it can feel expensive to Westerners who expect to be able to have the same buying power as in places like India or Thailand. Costa Rica is ranked as the most expensive country in Central America and the sixth most expensive in North America and the Caribbean (2015).
Where can I see monkeys in Costa Rica?
Best places to see them In Costa Rica, you can commonly see white face monkeys in Manuel Antonio, Osa Peninsula, Monteverde, Arenal, Nicoya, Tortuguero and Palo Verde. They are especially common in Manuel Antonio National Park, where they are known to steal food from tourists (please do not feed the animals).
Where is the clearest water in Costa Rica?
Unless a big hurricane swell moves in, Manzanillo to almost Punta Mona on the south Caribbean coast will offer the clearest waters in Costa Rica for the next few months. For the rest of the year, the clear is to be found offshore in the Pacific.
Can you swim in Costa Rica beaches?
Beaches in Costa Rica are diverse and offer different experiences for travelers. People come here to surf, swim, soak up the sun, or simply enjoy the laid-back beach towns sprinkled along the coasts. As you travel to different parts of the country the nature of the beaches changes.
Are there sharks in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is home to a range of shark species and a ton of other marine life. Many of the shark species found below are found primarily in the Cocos Island region. During this trip you will have the opportunity to visit the Bat Islands and dive with Bull Sharks and mantas as well as possibly whale sharks.