- 1 Which part of Jamaica is the best?
- 2 What places to avoid in Jamaica?
- 3 Where is the most visited place in Jamaica?
- 4 Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
- 6 Where do celebrities live in Jamaica?
- 7 Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
- 8 What can you not eat in Jamaica?
- 9 Is Jamaica Safe 2020?
- 10 Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
- 11 Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
- 12 What language is spoken in Jamaica?
- 13 Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
- 14 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 15 What area is best to stay in Jamaica?
Which part of Jamaica is the best?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.
What places to avoid in Jamaica?
Be vigilant in these areas – In Kingston: West Kingston Grant’s Pen, August Town, Harbour View, Spanish Town. In Montego Bay: Flankers, Barrett Town, Norwood, Glendevon, Rose Heights, Mount Salem. These are definitely places to avoid in Jamaica. 5
Where is the most visited place in Jamaica?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Jamaica
- Negril Beach & the Negril Cliffs. Negril Beach.
- Rafting the Martha Brae River. Rafting the Martha Brae River.
- Dunn’s River Falls. Dunn’s River Falls.
- Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park.
- Port Antonio.
- Doctor’s Cave Beach, Montego Bay.
- Blue Hole, Ocho Rios.
- Rio Grande River.
Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.
Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools, and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Where do celebrities live in Jamaica?
Ultra-Luxurious Celebrity Getaways in Jamaica
- Geejam Hotel’s seven double rooms consist of three deluxe cabins, one suite, and a self-contained three-bedroom villa.
- Sandals Royal Plantation.
Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
Mostly, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink, but in more remote areas you may want to avoid drinking water straight out of the tap, unless it has been boiled, filtered or otherwise treated. Good to know: tap water at the Beaches and Sandals resorts in Jamaica is filtered by the resort.
What can you not eat in Jamaica?
10 foods eaten regularly in Jamaica that can cause you serious
- #9- Apple/ Cherry.
- #8- Milk/Cheese/Dairy.
- #7- Toast Bread.
- #6- Coffee.
- #5- Cassava.
- #4- Potato.
- #3- Ackee.
- #2- Fish.
Is Jamaica Safe 2020?
Do not travel to Jamaica due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.
Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
Doctor’s Cave Beach Doctor’s Cave beach is Jamaica’s oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.
Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
Both Jamaica and the Bahamas offer a good variety of water sports activities, beaches, and nightlife, but if you’re more into cultural activities, Jamaica is the solid winner. Bahamas feels more like a resort island that’s a paradise built for tourists.
What language is spoken in Jamaica?
Although English is the official language of Jamaica, the majority of the population speak Jamaican Patois. This is a creole language (See the lesson on creole on this web site) made up of an English superstrate and African substrate.
Is Ocho Rios safe to walk around?
Ocho Rios is one of the relatively safer parts of Jamaica. Even so, take extra care to avoid crime when traveling to Ocho Rios. Don’t walk or drive at night, stay off public buses, and avoid secluded areas or traveling alone.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
What area is best to stay in Jamaica?
Learn More Now!
- 5 Best Areas to Stay in Jamaica.
- Negril – Where to Stay in Jamaica for First Timers.
- Kingston – Where to Stay in Jamaica on a Budget.
- Montego Bay – Where to Stay on Jamaica for Nightlife.
- Port Antonio – Coolest Place to Stay in Jamaica.
- Ocho Rios – Where to Stay in Jamaica for Families.