- 1 Is the Griswold house real?
- 2 Is the Christmas vacation house the same as the Lethal Weapon house?
- 3 Where is the Christmas vacation house in Stony Plain?
- 4 Why does Ellen Griswold call Clark Sparky?
- 5 Can you visit the Griswold house?
- 6 Where was the Griswold house in Christmas Vacation?
- 7 What month was National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation filmed?
- 8 Is Christmas vacation Rated R?
- 9 How many lights are in the Griswolds house?
- 10 What is the Griswold house?
- 11 What does the W in Clark W Griswold stand for?
- 12 What is Clark Griswolds wifes name?
- 13 Who all has played Audrey Griswold?
Is the Griswold house real?
The Griswold house is actually an exterior set on “Blondie Street” on a Warner Brothers back lot in Burbank, CA, as is Todd and Margo’s house (the neighbors next door). The house has been altered a lot to serve other movies, especially the interiors, which are also only a set, not a real house.
Is the Christmas vacation house the same as the Lethal Weapon house?
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and the first Lethal Weapon movie have something in common. “The house we used is on the back lot at Warner Brothers, (and) it was the same house where they shot Lethal Weapon,” Chevy Chase told the magazine.
Where is the Christmas vacation house in Stony Plain?
The display is located at 63 Briarwood Point in Stony Plain. Donations for the local food bank are being accepted by Harringa’s neighbours.
Why does Ellen Griswold call Clark Sparky?
Ellen calls Clark “Sparky” in all four Vacation movies. In the DVD commentary for this movie, Chevy Chase said that the nickname was Beverly D’Angelo’s idea, and she still affectionately calls him Sparky. Harold Ramis declined to return as director, as he was busy with Ghostbusters (1984).
Can you visit the Griswold house?
The Ranch is closed to the public, but thanks to the connection of a good friend, I have been fortunate enough to visit it on numerous occasions.
Where was the Griswold house in Christmas Vacation?
Principal photography began on March 27, 1989 in Summit County, Colorado, with footage shot in Silverthorne, Breckenridge, and Frisco. From there the production moved to Warner Bros. Ranch Facilities in Burbank, California, where the set of the Griswold family’s house and street is located.
What month was National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation filmed?
That’s right filming the beloved holiday classic wasn’t done in the winter, it actually went down in the spring and summer. IMDb noted that the filming took place between March 27, 1989, and June 30, 1989.
Is Christmas vacation Rated R?
Rated PG-13 for language and mature content, this one is not appropriate for younger kids.
How many lights are in the Griswolds house?
One of the most popular displays is the Wadsworth Griswold House, an annual achievement that features 25,000 lights, characters from the movie “National Lampoon Christmas Vacation” and Cousin Eddie’s RV.
What is the Griswold house?
The Griswold House is a historic house museum at 171 Boston Street in Guilford, Connecticut. Built about 1764, it is a well-preserved example of New England colonial architecture, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
What does the W in Clark W Griswold stand for?
The “W” in Clark W. Griswold stands for Wilhelm.
What is Clark Griswolds wifes name?
Beverly D’Angelo ( Ellen Griswold )
Who all has played Audrey Griswold?
Let’s have them Audreys.
- Dana Barron (below, right) – VACATION (1983)
- Dana Hill (below, left) – EUROPEAN VACATION (1985)
- Juliette Lewis – CHRISTMAS VACATION (1989)
- Marisol Nichols (bottom, left) – VEGAS VACATION (1997)
- Dana Barron (reprise) – CHRISTMAS VACATION 2 (2003)