- 1 Where should I go on vacation in upstate NY?
- 2 What is there to do in upstate NY during Covid?
- 3 What is the prettiest place in New York?
- 4 What is upstate NY known for?
- 5 When should I visit upstate New York?
- 6 Is a 3 day vacation worth it?
- 7 What city is 2 hours away from LA?
- 8 Where should I go for a short family trip?
- 9 What is there to do in upstate NY in the fall?
- 10 What are the unique things you can do in New York?
- 11 Is New York pretty?
- 12 Which area of New York State is known for its scenic mountains and lakes?
Where should I go on vacation in upstate NY?
21 Best Places to Visit in Upstate NY
- Watkins Glen State Park. 1009 N Franklin St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891, map.
- Ausable Chasm. 2144 U.S. 9, Au Sable, NY 12911, map.
- Whiteface Mountain. Wilmington, NY 12997, map.
- Breakneck Ridge.
- Giant Ledge.
- Dia: Beacon.
- Storm King Art Center.
- Eternal Flame Falls.
What is there to do in upstate NY during Covid?
Upstate N.Y. Day Trips: Caves & Mines
- Herkimer Diamond Mines.
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves.
- International Boxing Hall of Fame.
- Jell-O Gallery Museum.
- The National Museum of Play.
- Niagara Falls.
- Midway State Park.
- Lake George.
What is the prettiest place in New York?
The Most Beautiful Places in New York Just off the Beaten Path
- Triphammer Falls. Ithaca.
- Bannerman Castle. Pollepel Island/Newburgh.
- Whiteface Mountain Steps. Wilmington.
- Stonecrop Gardens. Cold Spring.
- Ausable Chasm Bridge. Ausable Chasm.
- Sodus Bay Lighthouse. Sodus Bay.
- Mt. Colden and Avalanche Lake.
- Giant Ledge. Shandaken.
What is upstate NY known for?
Upstate New York is well-known for its cold and snowy winters, particularly in comparison to the more temperate climate of Downstate New York. The snowy reputation is especially true for the cities of Buffalo, Rochester, Oswego and Syracuse, and is largely due to lake-effect snow from Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.
When should I visit upstate New York?
Cities throng with sightseers, making for long lines, sold-out events, and high prices. Fall, from September to November, is another extremely popular time to visit. Upstate, the air turns to crisp jacket weather in September, but farther south summertime lingers until early October.
Is a 3 day vacation worth it?
Almost half of the respondents cited “reducing stress” as to why they wanted a three-day escape. Indeed, a three-day vacation can make you feel less stressed because they can be far less stressful to plan, cheaper than a long getaway, easier to execute, and will give you more vacations to look forward to.
What city is 2 hours away from LA?
1. Palm Springs. Only 100 miles (and about a two-hour drive) from Los Angeles, Palm Springs has been a popular desert getaway for almost 100 years.
Where should I go for a short family trip?
The best weekend getaways for families in the US
- Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
- Palm Springs, California.
- Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- New York City, New York.
- San Diego, California.
- Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Charleston, South Carolina.
- Boston, Massachusetts.
What is there to do in upstate NY in the fall?
Fall bucket list for Upstate NY: 21 fun things you must do before
- Pick delicious apples.
- Take photos of the incredible fall foliage.
- Get lost in a corn maze.
- Soar above the ground on a zip-line.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Pick the perfect pumpkin.
- Enjoy a hayride.
- Attend a fun fall festival.
What are the unique things you can do in New York?
10 Things You Can Only Do In NYC
- 3 See The Original Winnie-The-Pooh.
- 4 Visit The Explorers’ Club.
- 5 Visit The Largest Art Museum.
- 6 Visit Nathan’s Famous’ Original Location.
- 7 Eat At The First Pizzeria In The US.
- 8 See A Broadway Show.
- 9 Amateur Night At The Apollo.
- 10 Visit Belvedere Castle.
Is New York pretty?
New York is a beautiful state. From sweeping, scenic mountain vistas and crystal clear, tranquil lakes to revered historic mansions and stunning man-made monuments, every county in the state has something beautiful to feast your eyes on.
Which area of New York State is known for its scenic mountains and lakes?
The Adirondack Park boasts 3,000 lakes and ponds, and 30,000 miles of rivers and streams, therefore Adirondack waterways are vast, wild and primal -perfect for New York canoeing and kayaking. The 46 tallest mountains within the park are called the Adirondack High Peaks.