- 1 Where do people vacation from Austin?
- 2 Where can I relax in Austin?
- 3 Where can I go for an overnight trip?
- 4 How far is Austin from Mexico border?
- 5 How can I spend my weekend in Austin?
- 6 What state is Lake Travis in?
- 7 What is a good weekend getaway for couples?
- 8 What is the best time of year to visit Austin Texas?
- 9 Is Dallas or Houston closer to Austin?
- 10 What is the closest ocean beach to Austin Texas?
Where do people vacation from Austin?
Driveable Getaways from Austin
- –> Lake Tawakoni. A secluded cabin on the lake is just what your family needs (located approximately 4 hours from Austin).
- –> Lake Palestine.
- –> Lake Aquilla.
- –> Big Bend National Park.
- –> Boerne.
- –> San Antonio.
- –> South Padre Island.
- –> Inks Lake.
Where can I relax in Austin?
Where to Find Peace & Quiet in Austin:
- The Blanton Museum. Art museums are kinda synonymous with quietude and reflection.
- Laguna Gloria.
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- Mount Bonnell.
- Lady Bird Lake.
- Barton Springs Pool.
Where can I go for an overnight trip?
9 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways from Sydney
- The Blue Mountains. The Three Sisters, Blue Mountains.
- Jervis Bay and the South Coast. Hyams Beach.
- Port Macquarie. Flynn’s Beach.
- The Hunter Valley. A horse in the Upper Hunter Valley.
- Port Stephens. View from Tomaree Head.
- Canberra. New Parliament House.
- Kangaroo Valley.
- The Snowy Mountains.
How far is Austin from Mexico border?
Austin encompasses 272 square miles along the Colorado River in central Texas 200 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.
How can I spend my weekend in Austin?
Here are some of the best things to do in Austin this weekend.
- Sunset Bat Cruises on Lady Bird Lake, credit Geoff Duncan.
- Allens Boots. Courtesy Contiki.
- Guero’s Taco Bar. Credit Richard Casteel.
- Texas State Capitol.
- LBJ Presidential Library.
- The Mohawk.
- Barton Springs Pool.
- Craft Pride on Rainey Street.
What state is Lake Travis in?
What is a good weekend getaway for couples?
Here are 15 of the best romantic getaways in NSW.
- Wilga Station Farmers Hut. Orange.
- Dam It Getaway. Bowman Farm.
- Kookawood. Blue Mountains.
- La Riveraine. Hawkesbury River.
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat. Crystal Creek.
- Cedar Cabin. Thredbo.
- Hideout. Moss Vale.
- CasaBelle. Bellingen.
What is the best time of year to visit Austin Texas?
The best times to visit Austin are September to November or March to May, when 70s and 80s are the anticipated daytime temperatures. As temperatures climb into the mid- to high 90s with high humidity, the Texan summer (June through August) is barely tolerable for unaccustomed visitors.
Is Dallas or Houston closer to Austin?
As mentioned earlier, if you were to travel by road, the distance between Houston and Dallas is 385 kilometers. Whereas, the distance between Houston and Austin is approximately 260 kilometers. Therefore, if you are living in Dallas or Austin, it will take you somewhere between 3 to 4 hours to reach Houston.
What is the closest ocean beach to Austin Texas?
The closest beach to Austin is Port Aransas. It’s a smaller town than Galveston, with fewer major attractions and lodging options, but if you really just want to do an overnight, it would be more than fine for that, or even a couple of days.