- 1 What is there to do in Washington state in the summer?
- 2 What should I do for a week in Washington state?
- 3 What is the number one attraction in Washington state?
- 4 Where should I vacation in eastern Washington?
- 5 What is unique to Washington state?
- 6 What locals do in Washington state?
- 7 How long should you spend in Washington?
- 8 Can you take a ferry from Seattle to Olympic National Park?
- 9 Where should I stay when visiting Washington National Parks?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Washington state?
- 11 Is Olympia Washington worth visiting?
- 12 What is there to do in Central Washington?
- 13 What is the Palouse in Washington?
What is there to do in Washington state in the summer?
Let this list of ten great things to do in Washington State this summer convince you!
- Hike in Olympic National Park.
- Seattle Japanese Garden.
- Leavenworth Reindeer Farm.
- San Juan Islands.
- Chihuly Gardens and Glass.
- The Space Needle.
- Bellevue Botanical Garden.
- Hike in Mount Rainier National Park.
What should I do for a week in Washington state?
This 1-week itinerary will allow you to explore the Washington that you may have conjured up in your mind.
- Days 1 & 2: Seattle.
- Days 3 & 4: The San Juan Islands.
- Day 5: Olympic National Park North.
- Day 6: Olympic National Park West.
- Day 7: Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument.
What is the number one attraction in Washington state?
1: Olympic National Park The park is a truly impressive feat of nature. It encompasses almost a million acres and several ecosystems. One of the most popular attractions, Mt. Olympus, is home to some of the best hiking and backpacking trails in the state.
Where should I vacation in eastern Washington?
The best Eastern Washington day trips
- Soap Lake. If you are looking for an unforgettable adventure, take a day trip to Soap Lake!
- Colville National Forest.
- Woodward Canyon Winery.
- Palouse Falls State Park.
- Little Pend Oreille National Wildlife Refuge.
What is unique to Washington state?
The state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president. Seattle is home to the first revolving restaurant, 1961. Washington state produces more apples than any other state in the union. Washington state has more glaciers than the other 47 contiguous states combined.
What locals do in Washington state?
25 Best Things to Do in Washington State
- Olympic National Park. Source: evenfh / shutterstock Hoh Rainforest Trail, Olympic National Park, Washington.
- Mount Rainer National Park.
- The Space Needle.
- Seattle Center.
- Pike Place Market.
- Pioneer Square.
- Snoqualmie Falls.
- Lake Chelan.
How long should you spend in Washington?
Depending on your interests, you should spend at least 3 days in Washington, DC. This gives you enough time to see the monuments, memorials, museums, parks, and enjoy what the district has to offer. Here’s a quick guide on how to see Washington, DC in 3 days.
Can you take a ferry from Seattle to Olympic National Park?
The two most common ferries to take from Seattle to Olympic are the Bainbridge Island ferry, operated by WSDOT, and the Kingston Fast Ferry operated by Kitsap Transit. For those in the northern part of the city, the Edmonds-Kingston ferry is a third option to reach the Kitsap Peninsula.
Where should I stay when visiting Washington National Parks?
The best place to stay near Paradise is the Paradise Inn, National Park Inn, or hotels near Longmire or Ashford. Cougar Rock Campground and Big Creek Campground are great campgrounds near Paradise.
What is the best time to visit Washington state?
July and August are the most reliably rainless months, and consequently, this is the most popular time to visit. It is during these months that the sun is seen most often and rain is almost unheard of (though not unknown).
Is Olympia Washington worth visiting?
Olympia, WA, located on the sparking waters of Puget Sound, is a small city big on history, culture and art. Family-friendly attractions, delectable dining and comfortable lodging options make exploring this capital city an ideal getaway for all.
What is there to do in Central Washington?
Recommended Things to Do in North Central WashingtonSEE ALL
- Icicle Junction Activity Center. 47.588441750760225-120.67440404893496.
- Rocky Reach Dam.
- Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center.
- Mount Baker–Snoqualmie National Forest.
- Lake Chelan State Park.
- Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
- Twenty-Five Mile Creek State Park.
What is the Palouse in Washington?
The Palouse is a region of farmland in the northwest United States. It includes much of southeastern Washington and Idaho. The Palouse is the most productive wheat growing area in the United States. Lentils, barley, and chick peas are also major crops, and canola fields can occasionally be found.