- 1 What can you not bring into Dominican Republic?
- 2 What should I pack for a week in Punta Cana?
- 3 How much money should I bring to Dominican Republic for a week?
- 4 What do I need to take to Punta Cana?
- 5 Is mamajuana illegal in the US?
- 6 What should I pack for an all inclusive resort in Dominican Republic?
- 7 Do I need to bring a beach towel to an all inclusive resort?
- 8 Do you need a plug adapter in Punta Cana?
- 9 What do you wear to an all inclusive resort?
- 10 Is $100 a lot of money in Dominican Republic?
- 11 What is the cheapest month to go to Dominican Republic?
- 12 What can I bring home from Dominican Republic?
- 13 Do they speak English in Punta Cana?
- 14 What do I need to know before going to the Dominican Republic?
What can you not bring into Dominican Republic?
Illegal drugs, animal, horticultural and agricultural products are prohibited. The prescription medication you bring for personal use should be in its original container. Information on customs and duty
- 1 liter of liquor.
- One box of cigars or 200 cigarettes.
- Gifts of up to US$100.
- 2 bottles of perfume for your own use.
What should I pack for a week in Punta Cana?
What to Pack for Punta Cana: Packing List for 2021
- Basic medications.
- Light, airy clothing.
- Two swim suits.
- Baby food.
- Beach sandals and tennis shoes.
- Single dollar bills.
- Waterproof case for cellphone.
- Brimmed hat.
How much money should I bring to Dominican Republic for a week?
The total budget of your vacation in the Dominican Republic should be around RD$6,000 per person per day. However, you don’t have to take this amount in cash. You can regularly pay with a credit card and withdraw money at ATMs. Therefore, it is recommended to take around 200 to 300 dollars per person for your vacation.
What do I need to take to Punta Cana?
Travelers who are heading to Punta Cana will most likely want to include the following important items:
- 2 or 3 swimsuits.
- Beach cover up or wrap.
- Light, airy clothing (tank tops, shorts, sundresses etc)
- Rain jacket.
- Hiking or athletic shoes.
Is mamajuana illegal in the US?
Both US and Canadian customs do not permit the transport of Mama Juana if it is not in its liquid. If you take dry MamaJuana ingredients home with you, be warned, it may be confiscated by Customs. U.S. customs officials appear to be wise to the beverage and will ask you straight out if you are bringing back Mamajuana.
What should I pack for an all inclusive resort in Dominican Republic?
Here’s your Dominican Republic packing list:
- 3-5 pairs of socks.
- 4-7 pairs of underwear.
- 2 bras/1 sports bra.
- 3-5 tops for layering.
- 1-2 pair casual pants/shorts/capris/skirts,
- 1 pair jeans.
- 1 nice outfit for going out or cruise ship dinners.
- 1 pair flip-flops.
Do I need to bring a beach towel to an all inclusive resort?
Most hotels do not require you to bring your own beach towels. When you check in to the resort, along with your room key you will also receive one towel card per guest. When you check out from the resort, you will be required to hand in your towel card. If you lost the card or towel, the hotel could charge you a fee.
Do you need a plug adapter in Punta Cana?
Dominican plugs are the same as most found in the USA, and so is the type of current (110 Volts/60 HZ), so only Europeans will need a converter. Most electronic devices now operate in the 110V till 240V range, making an adaptor often all that is needed.
What do you wear to an all inclusive resort?
There are usually dress codes in place for evening wear at all inclusive resorts. Plan to pack at least 2 or 3 outfits for this. A couple of nice beach dresses or skirts will do, or some shorts that you can dress up with a nice top.
Is $100 a lot of money in Dominican Republic?
Is $100 a lot of money in Dominican Republic? $100 is very little. Not even the poor live on $100. Minimum for Dominicans is $300 and minimum for foreigners is $1000 usd.
What is the cheapest month to go to Dominican Republic?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to the Dominican Republic is August.
What can I bring home from Dominican Republic?
What to bring from Punta Cana: Dominican souvenirs
- Rum. Dominican rum.
- Mamajuana. Traditional Dominican drink – Mamajuana.
- Cigars. Dominican Cigars.
- Painting. Dominican Painting.
- Larimar or Amber. Larimar or Amber – Punta Cana.
- Coffee. Dominican Coffee.
- Cacao. Dominican Cacao.
- Tainos Statues. Dominican Tainos Statues.
Do they speak English in Punta Cana?
The official language is Spanish; however, tourism is such a large industry that English-speaking travelers should have no trouble communicating. And though the official currency is the Dominican peso, many of the Punta Cana resorts accept United States dollars and major credit cards.
What do I need to know before going to the Dominican Republic?
11 things to know before travelling to the Dominican Republic
- The culture is very welcoming.
- You can only get the Dominican peso in the country.
- You may not need a Tourist Card.
- The concept of time is a little different.
- Merengue is the soul of the country.
- Dominicans dress to impress.
- You can’t drink the tap water.