- 1 What is the nicest part of Jamaica to visit?
- 2 Where is a safe place to vacation in Jamaica?
- 3 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 4 Is Jamaica a safe place to vacation?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
- 6 Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
- 7 What can you not eat in Jamaica?
- 8 What language is spoken in Jamaica?
- 9 Is Jamaica safe for a family holiday?
- 10 What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
- 11 Can you swim in the ocean in Jamaica?
- 12 Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
- 13 What injections do I need for Jamaica?
- 14 Can you leave the resort in Jamaica?
- 15 Is Montego Bay Expensive?
What is the nicest part of Jamaica to visit?
Where to Go in Jamaica: 5 Destinations You Can’t Miss
- Negril. Arguably one of Jamaica’s most beautiful (and laid-back) beach destinations, Negril is popular among honeymooning couples.
- Montego Bay. Affectionately known as MoBay, Montego Bay is a good point of entry to Jamaica.
- Port Antonio.
- Ocho Rios.
Where is a safe place to vacation in Jamaica?
Safest Places to Visit in Jamaica
- Safe Town for Resort Living. Ocho Rios. Ocho Rios is a comfortable and secure tourist hotspot on Jamaica’s north coast.
- Gateway to Jamaica’s Natural Side. Port Antonio. Stay in Port Antonio’s center and spend your day out on excursions.
- Land of Pristine Beaches. Negril.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Is Jamaica a safe place to vacation?
Jamaica – Level 4: Do Not Travel. Do not travel to Jamaica due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk.
Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools, and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
Doctor’s Cave Beach Doctor’s Cave beach is Jamaica’s oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.
What can you not eat in Jamaica?
10 foods eaten regularly in Jamaica that can cause you serious
- #9- Apple/ Cherry.
- #8- Milk/Cheese/Dairy.
- #7- Toast Bread.
- #6- Coffee.
- #5- Cassava.
- #4- Potato.
- #3- Ackee.
- #2- Fish.
What language is spoken in Jamaica?
Although English is the official language of Jamaica, the majority of the population speak Jamaican Patois. This is a creole language (See the lesson on creole on this web site) made up of an English superstrate and African substrate.
Is Jamaica safe for a family holiday?
The majority of Jamaica is safe for travelers, even for families. Just like in every other country, there are both safe and risky areas in Jamaica. To be safe, it is best to stick with more touristy areas such as Negril, Ocho Rios and Point Lucea.
What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
The best time to go to Jamaica is November until mid-December, when resort and flight deals are great and peak season hasn’t arrived yet. If you don’t mind the crowds, your best bet is to visit Jamaica from mid-December until April, when the weather is optimal for a beach vacation.
Can you swim in the ocean in Jamaica?
You can swim in the ocean from sunrise to sunset every single day. Great places to snorkel just off the beach. Plenty of fish in front of the Rose Hall Beach hotel. We snorkeled a few times during our stay.
Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.
What injections do I need for Jamaica?
The National Travel Health Network and Centre and WHO recommend the following vaccinations for Jamaica: hepatitis A, hepatitis B, yellow fever, rabies and tetanus. Recommended for most travellers to the region, especially if unvaccinated. Required if travelling from a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.
Can you leave the resort in Jamaica?
Tourists are allowed to leave their accommodation to go to any tourist attraction that has been certified as a COVID-19 Resilient licensed attraction by the Jamaica Tourist Board and is located within the “resilient corridor.” For more information, you can consult this page on the Jamaica Tourist Board website.
Is Montego Bay Expensive?
You should plan to spend around J$25,150 ($172) per day on your vacation in Montego Bay, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, J$10,353 ($71) on meals for one day and J$1,861 ($13) on local transportation.