- 1 What is the best area of Puerto Rico to stay in?
- 2 Where do people vacation at in Puerto Rico?
- 3 Which part of Puerto Rico should I visit?
- 4 What is the most beautiful part of Puerto Rico?
- 5 Where should you not stay in Puerto Rico?
- 6 What is the best time of year to go to Puerto Rico?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to fly to Puerto Rico?
- 8 Which is better Condado or Isla Verde?
- 9 Is Puerto Rico OK to visit now?
- 10 Is it better to stay in Old San Juan or Condado?
- 11 Is Puerto Rico expensive?
- 12 Can you walk from Condado to Old San Juan?
- 13 What are three tourist attractions in Puerto Rico?
- 14 What is the safest area to stay in Puerto Rico?
- 15 Which side of Puerto Rico has the best beaches?
What is the best area of Puerto Rico to stay in?
#1. Greater San Juan is beautiful, safe, vibrant, and in our opinion, one of the best places to visit in Puerto Rico. The neighborhood of Old San Juan, on the northmost tip of the city, is full of history: ancient forts, monuments, museums, and colorful historic houses.
Where do people vacation at in Puerto Rico?
San Juan is the most popular vacation destination in Puerto Rico. City lovers will enjoy a vibrant nightlife, extraordinary dining, excellent hotel options from luxury to budget-friendly, world-class attractions, and of course amazing beaches from Miami Beach-style to secluded just minutes away.
Which part of Puerto Rico should I visit?
If you’re worried about safety in Puerto Rico then you might feel wary about San Juan, but you’ll be fine if you stick to the main tourist routes. We do advise caution and common sense – as with any major city. For travelers, we recommend sticking to Old San Juan, Isla Verde, and El Condado.
What is the most beautiful part of Puerto Rico?
The Most Beautiful Destinations in Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan. Cathedral.
- Playa Flamenco. Natural Feature.
- El Yunque National Park. Forest, Park.
- Mosquito Bioluminescent Bay. Natural Feature.
- Rincón. Natural Feature, Architectural Landmark.
- Isla Desecheo. Natural Feature.
- Río Camuy Cave Park.
Where should you not stay in Puerto Rico?
Other spots to avoid at night are the neighborhoods of La Perla (next to Old City) and parts of Puerta de Tierra. Stick to the neighborhoods of Old San Juan, Isla Verde, Miramar and Condado at night, where there are regular police patrols. Should you have an emergency, call 911 as you would in the US.
What is the best time of year to go to Puerto Rico?
The best time to visit Puerto Rico is from mid-April to June, right after the busy winter season and just before the rainy summer. Spring weather is also very pleasant, barely escaping the mid-80s on most days.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Puerto Rico?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Puerto Rico High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Puerto Rico is August.
Which is better Condado or Isla Verde?
Isla Verde is an absolutely pristine beach, more so than the beach in Condado. All of the hotels in this area have fine dining options and although there are some restaurants and convenience stores on the Main Street, the local area is not as densely walkable as Condado.
Is Puerto Rico OK to visit now?
Generally— yes! This island destination is full of adventure, beauty, and fun. Locals tell us that as long as travelers are aware of a few safety precautions, they should be fine traveling to Puerto Rico.
Is it better to stay in Old San Juan or Condado?
For Puerto Rico, I always recommend a few nights in Old San Juan and then a few nights on the beach. The area of Condado is a great and close option to the airport where there is a stunning beach and you’re close to other water activities. You could also consider staying in the Isla Verde area.
Is Puerto Rico expensive?
That being said, Puerto Rico is still more expensive than the majority of countries around the world and is one of the most expensive areas in Latin America, so don’t expect things to be as cheap as they would be in Thailand or Vietnam.
Can you walk from Condado to Old San Juan?
Well Old San Juan: If you wish to walk is a long distance walk. But you can take a cab or ask the Condado Vanderbilt staff if there is a bus that take the guests to Old San Juan. Also you can walk all the Condado and go through and will see the area to take the sun and go swiming.
What are three tourist attractions in Puerto Rico?
10 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan (San Juan Viejo)
- El Yunque National Forest.
- Culebra Island (Isla Culebra)
- Vieques and Bioluminescent Bay.
- Surfing and Whale Watching at Rincon.
- Luquillo Beach.
- Rio Camuy Caves (Parque de las Cavernas del Río Camuy)
- Ponce’s Historic City Center.
What is the safest area to stay in Puerto Rico?
Old San Juan is the safest place to stay in Puerto Rico due to being the capital city and heavily guarded by policemen. Isla Verde is also a good option if you are looking for somewhere safe with a good beach.
Which side of Puerto Rico has the best beaches?
Puerto Rico’s northwest coast is generally regarded as one of the best surf spots on the globe, especially in winter, when waves can be as high as 20 feet. Rincón is the capital of the island’s surfing scene, with famed beaches including Puntas, Domes, Tres Palmas, and Steps.