- 1 Where is the safest place to vacation in Costa Rica?
- 2 What is the best side of Costa Rica to stay on?
- 3 Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
- 4 Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
- 5 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 6 Is Belize safer than Costa Rica?
- 7 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 8 What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
- 9 Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
- 10 Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
- 11 Are there sharks in Costa Rica?
- 12 Where is the clearest water in Costa Rica?
- 13 When should I avoid Costa Rica?
- 14 Why Costa Rica is bad?
- 15 What are the disadvantages of living in Costa Rica?
Where is the safest place to vacation in Costa Rica?
Tamarindo, Puerto Viejo and Drake Bay are the safest areas in Costa Rica. You’ll hardly find any crime here apart from the typical pickpocketing.
What is the best side of Costa Rica to stay on?
Overview: Home to Costa Rica’s most touristed beach towns, Costa Rica’s Pacific coast is the more popular choice for most travelers. Beach communities like Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Tamarindo, Flamingo and Conchal have modern infrastructure, upscale hotels and resorts, and easy access to high-speed Internet.
Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
15 BEST Beaches in Costa Rica
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
- Costa Ballena (Whale Coast), South Pacific.
- Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
- Montezuma Beach, Nicoya Peninsula.
Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
6 Places to Avoid in Costa Rica
- Santa Rita de Alajuela or “El Infiernillo”
- León XIII, Tibás, San José
- Limón City.
- La Cieneguita in Limón City.
- Santa Rosa de Pocosol, San Carlos.
- Puntarenas City, Puntarenas.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
Is Belize safer than Costa Rica?
It’s worth nothing that both countries are safe. However, the U.S. State Department has declared Costa Rica as a Level 1 country, the lowest advisory level for safety and security risk. Costa Rica has longer, cheaper flights, but getting around the larger country takes more time and planning.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
The Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature.
- Corcovado National Park. Natural Feature.
- The Guanacaste beaches. Natural Feature.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park.
- Manuel Antonio National Park. Park.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
- Santa Teresa.
What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches. That said, the dry season is the most popular (and expensive) time to visit.
Can you swim in the ocean in Costa Rica?
4. Safest Beaches in Costa Rica: Where Can You Swim? With the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Caribbean Sea pounding the other side, Costa Rica’s beaches are famous for having big waves and fast currents. These are perfect for surfing, but not so much for gentle, safe swimming.
Where do celebrities stay in Costa Rica?
The preferred spots for celebrities are: Papagayo Gulf in Guanacaste, Santa Teresa and Mal País in the South Pacific, Mel Gibson’s estate is located in Playa Barrigona, Guanacaste, some have been spotted in the area of La Fortuna de San Carlos, the remote and secluded Osa Península is a perfect area, and others in
Are there sharks in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is home to a range of shark species and a ton of other marine life. Many of the shark species found below are found primarily in the Cocos Island region. During this trip you will have the opportunity to visit the Bat Islands and dive with Bull Sharks and mantas as well as possibly whale sharks.
Where is the clearest water in Costa Rica?
Unless a big hurricane swell moves in, Manzanillo to almost Punta Mona on the south Caribbean coast will offer the clearest waters in Costa Rica for the next few months. For the rest of the year, the clear is to be found offshore in the Pacific.
When should I avoid Costa Rica?
As we said, many areas of Costa Rica are very nice during much of the rainy season. But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you’ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October.
Why Costa Rica is bad?
In Central America and The Caribbean overall, Costa Rica is ranked the number one most peaceful country in the region out of 12. However, the homicide rate increased from 11.9 homicides per 100,000 people to 12.3 in the last year, and crime is still a significant threat to travelers in Costa Rica.
What are the disadvantages of living in Costa Rica?
Though many aspects of Costa Rican living are decidedly first-world, the roads are not among them. Potholes, dips and cracks mark the roads so severely that cars can be damaged driving over them. Locals drive quickly and dangerously, passing where it is not safe to do so and not respecting the right of way.