- 1 Where is a safe place to vacation in Jamaica?
- 2 What places to avoid in Jamaica?
- 3 What is the nicest place in Jamaica?
- 4 Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 5 What can you not eat in Jamaica?
- 6 What language is spoken in Jamaica?
- 7 Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
- 8 Is Jamaica Safe 2020?
- 9 Is Jamaica safe for female tourists?
- 10 Where do celebrities live in Jamaica?
- 11 Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
- 12 Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
- 13 What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
- 14 Are there black sand beaches in Jamaica?
- 15 Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios Jamaica?
Where is a safe place to vacation in Jamaica?
Safest Places to Visit in Jamaica
- Safe Town for Resort Living. Ocho Rios. Ocho Rios is a comfortable and secure tourist hotspot on Jamaica’s north coast.
- Gateway to Jamaica’s Natural Side. Port Antonio. Stay in Port Antonio’s center and spend your day out on excursions.
- Land of Pristine Beaches. Negril.
What places to avoid in Jamaica?
The areas of Flankers, Canterbury, Rose Heights, Norwood, Hart Street, and Clavers Street are high-risk areas travelers should avoid. If you stay within the tourist hot-spots and avoid venturing into nontourist destinations: staying safe in Jamaica shouldn’t be an issue.
What is the nicest place in Jamaica?
Learn more about the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Jamaica.
- Negril Beach & the Negril Cliffs. Negril Beach.
- Rafting the Martha Brae River.
- Dunn’s River Falls.
- Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park.
- Port Antonio.
- Doctor’s Cave Beach, Montego Bay.
- Blue Hole, Ocho Rios.
- Rio Grande River.
Which side of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
What can you not eat in Jamaica?
10 foods eaten regularly in Jamaica that can cause you serious
- #9- Apple/ Cherry.
- #8- Milk/Cheese/Dairy.
- #7- Toast Bread.
- #6- Coffee.
- #5- Cassava.
- #4- Potato.
- #3- Ackee.
- #2- Fish.
What language is spoken in Jamaica?
Although English is the official language of Jamaica, the majority of the population speak Jamaican Patois. This is a creole language (See the lesson on creole on this web site) made up of an English superstrate and African substrate.
Can you drink the water in Jamaica?
Mostly, tap water in Jamaica is safe to drink, but in more remote areas you may want to avoid drinking water straight out of the tap, unless it has been boiled, filtered or otherwise treated. Good to know: tap water at the Beaches and Sandals resorts in Jamaica is filtered by the resort.
Is Jamaica Safe 2020?
Do not travel to Jamaica due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.
Is Jamaica safe for female tourists?
Yes, it’s true that Jamaica has a high crime rate but much of it is focused on gang violence in communities that you’re unlikely to visit as a traveler. Most crime against travelers in Jamaica is centered around petty theft. There are other scenarios where you might feel threatened as a woman traveling around Jamaica.
Where do celebrities live in Jamaica?
Ultra-Luxurious Celebrity Getaways in Jamaica
- Geejam Hotel’s seven double rooms consist of three deluxe cabins, one suite, and a self-contained three-bedroom villa.
- Sandals Royal Plantation.
Is it better to stay in Negril or Montego Bay?
Since Montego Bay is a larger place than Negril, it makes sense that it also has more resorts and hotels. There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts you can stay at with private beaches, pools, and whatnot. On the other hand, Montego Bay is also overall more expensive than Negril, which is something to keep in mind.
Where is the clearest water in Jamaica?
Doctor’s Cave Beach Doctor’s Cave beach is Jamaica’s oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.
What’s the best month to go to Jamaica?
The best time to go to Jamaica is November until mid-December, when resort and flight deals are great and peak season hasn’t arrived yet. If you don’t mind the crowds, your best bet is to visit Jamaica from mid-December until April, when the weather is optimal for a beach vacation.
Are there black sand beaches in Jamaica?
6 Hellshire Beach Share: The popular Hellshire Beach near the capital of Kingston is a favorite among locals and vacationers. The beach has black sand in areas and is outlined by the Blue Mountains in the distance and crystal-clear, blue Jamaican water.
Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios Jamaica?
Conclusion: Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.